Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blfan2002

blfan2002 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Another thing I forgot to mention on my original post and I know I KNOW everybody will agree but I hate it when they give you a load and it says 0 miles from previous destination and it's like miles away. For example last week I had a dropin las vegas and my next pick up was in las vegas but way on the other side and out in the middle of nowhere and it was literally 30 miles away more than 0. So I called my dbl and he said he'll comp me for it somehow and he did. But the point of this he shouldn't have to the qualcomm should just stop doing that or greenbay or whoever is doing it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Pretty much every truck company does it. It sucks but it's been like that since company's don't pay hub miles. It's all part of trucking

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Arial Thanks this.
  4. blfan2002

blfan2002 Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Oh really ok I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

5. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    This is why I always push my ETA out because I figure the actual mileage is at least 30 miles off from the Qualcomm mileage for the load or more.

Sent from my HTC ONE courtesy of Tapatalk.

BlueSparrow Thanks this.
  6. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Yeah about right out just add 10%

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

7. BossOutlaw88

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    I always add three hours to the time I know I could make it for weather, traffic, accidents, etc. ETA to final delivery had been 85% for the past two months. I think your DBL bases whether you get good and long loads off your ETA.

8. JakeOrion

JakeOrion Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Blew the #4 tire on the trailer a few days ago on the Eastbound 210, just north of the 134 jct. Spent 3 hours waiting for a crew to come out and repair, and I was only 40 miles away from my drop location. By the time I made it back to the OC, only had 6 minutes left on my 14. That sucked.

Also, anyone experiencing lag or the Qualcomm is acting funny? The darn thing didn't want to work at all on Thursday morning, and it wasn't back up until mid-afternoon.

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I have. It could be natural with sun flares. But what I have experienced was bad components. Like recently had a new antenna with cable put on. Was less than a year old too. But the mechanics said SNI uses refurbished Qcomm parts, so that could be your deal. It would be 1-4 hours for Navigo dispatch to come through. Missed a couple fuel solutions as a result.

If it was just that one time or happens infrequently, dont sweat it, just part of trucking with this equipment and a PITA. If it a regular thing , call into Qcomm support. They should try a reset on their end and if that doesnt work , will write up a work order for you.

10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    There were some massive solar flares that were discharged in the past week. Could very well be the reason the satellite was on the fritz. He also could have just been in a bad area for reception

11. BossOutlaw88

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    This really took the cake today. I'm officially about to look elsewhere for employment. I just got my truck out of the shop only to get a 0 mile load, a preassign for a 247 mile load, and another preassign for a 712 mile load. I did the 0 mile load with no problems. I go to pickup the load going to ATL, the 247 mile load, and someone already picked it up.

So this made me miss the 712 mile load also. That's 959 miles lost because Schneider crocks' left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I'm looking at applying for Celadon. I'm gonna call a recruiter Tuesday.

I've had it with this company.
    And the worst part about this is I have 7 hours left to drive and they have no freight for me. They say there is supposed to be freight around 0800 tomorrow, but I'll see how well that goes. I talked to a Celadon driver and he said his truck runs 66 in cruise.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.