Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    hroug
    Did you get a truck through SNI financial or get it through a 2nd party? Thinking of buying a truck through a 2nd party, its half of what an SNI truck is and alot better than the junk SNI is selling. Planning on going IC at the end of the year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Is Schneider going to pay the truck stop fee? I live about 2 miles from that truck stop. Used to do resets there when I was OTR.

4. cujo57

cujo57 Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2012
    You can almost come to expect that anytime you're delivering near an OC, they'll have you pick up a relay load to drop there. Happened too many times to remember.

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    FYI, if you are ever delivering to a grocery warehouse, ALWAYS assume that you going to be dealing with lumpers. The question is whether or not payment arrangement were made ahead of time. Make sure to always address the issue right away when you get there so you can get the check together while you are getting unloaded. If payment arrangements were made ahead of time you'll know so as well. You have to deal with lumpers even at Walmart if you are live unloading, but SNI has drop agreements with certain companies where they still have to pay for lumper services.

So in conclusion, just address the issue and ask if you have to pay lumpers right when you check in. That way you don't find out later on and waste more unnecessary time.

BossOutlaw88 Thanks this.
  6. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I was at the Dallas OC last friday before I went to the house.....saw something an OSR or some office person put up....

"you should only take 10 hour breaks... not 11 ....not 12....10...."

Ummmm someone who put that up was never a money making driver...thats for sure. Yeah....go ahead and just take 10. You'll find yourself waiting at a receiver or shipper waiting and burning up your 14.....

stupid

7. JakeOrion

JakeOrion Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    That's what I figured. The thing is there was another driver who was having the exact same problems on that day at the same time. I figured it was another one of those "updates" they like to push through so much in the morning.

And what was supposed to be a 34 turned into a 72. Truck had to go in for PM and I told them the check engine light was coming on when I used the jakes. Blown turbo, and on top of that I was screwed out of transportation today because 1) my vehicle is getting an engine overhaul and 2) nobody available to give me a ride 100 miles to the OC cause of the holiday. Even if I could make it up there, there was no loaners available, so lost a good load today. Oh well, made it specifically clear with 4 different DBL's (including my primary) of what happened, and the cards that I was dealt with didn't stack up against the dealer.

Sucks, but it happens. Hopefully they aren't too pissed I had to force them to find another driver for that load, but what else could I do?

8. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    I guess they don't realize that drivers don't get paid by the hour do they? If we did we would all have 14 on duty every day and home every weekend.

9. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    They'll never do that

Sent from my HTC ONE courtesy of Tapatalk.

10. Nakmuay

Nakmuay Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2010
    chattanooga tn
    Get your hazmat and tanker endorsement and start filling out apps some companies will train you once hired on

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    well, if I were still regional and the freight was there.......................................

I guess Captian of Your Own ship is getting phased out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.