Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff7739

jeff7739 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2012
    I meant they called me wednesday

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jeff7739

Apr 12, 2012

I hate to break it to you but this company is a joke. Your best bet with Schneider would probably be IC or O/O the Dbls in most case become jerk offs the time at home they push you farther away or say take just one more load. The pay blows. The ambient temp sensors are bad but still ########. The bonus program is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. They pay you a certain mileage but what you actually have to drive is more and then ll the miles you drove over what they pay you for is considered out of route? Really? #### that

Klatu Thanks this.
  4. jeff7739

Apr 12, 2012

Thats not trucking that's just someone thinking they have more authority than what they really have. Like we owe them something and gotta suck up to them. They claim to have been a driver but 95% of them haven't been in a truck besides in a video game

48Packard Thanks this.
  5. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I have been here longer than you. Company driver the whole time. I NEVER miss home time. My pay is fine. I don't like the ambient temp gauges, but a go getter knows how to get around them. The pay is explained to you, before you ever hire on.

sounds like Schneider isn't the place for you. I would suggest finding a different company that "isn't a joke". By looking at all the problems you have, and the fact that you haven't really explained how you have tried to resolve any of them, my guess is you probably aren't going to find that company you are looking for. Maybe trucking just isn't for you.

6. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Out of route miles are based on actual dispatched miles as shown on Navigo directions, not the paid miles. My OOR is -1.7% so obviously it's not based on the paid miles.

jakecat22 Thanks this.
  7. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    You know that the DBL's have played around on those simulators in the OC and probably drove the truck off the mountain.

8. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    what do you guys think about the new Qcomm software setup?

9. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    A bit different but probably won't take long to get used to it. Not that I'm worried about it since I've lined up a job with a local tow/trucking company. Just need to discuss my pay before I put in my 2 week notice. I'll probably be making $20 per hour.

10. The Tech-1

The Tech-1 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2013
    Hello everyone, I just got off the phone with a Schneider recruiter who told me that I have to wait until 2 weeks before completing cdl school to apply with them. Just wondering if there's anything special I need to do to make sure I get the cdl repayment ($150/mo) and anything to get hired on. He told me they don't pre-hire which sucks cause I'd rather have the app and administrative things done.

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    just have your receipt or loan papers for school ready to be copied by your initial DBL. You'll see it the following month on your hire date. Tax free, completely seperate check or deposit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.