Schneider Choice Program

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Desperado, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Desperado

Desperado <strong>The Bandit</strong>

Feb 16, 2008
    Long Way Home .......
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to check out Schneiders choice board ? Where a owner operator can choose the load . I checked out Schneiders web site without any luck .

Thanks in advance :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    it's on there. go to the owner op recruitment page then it will list both programs. click on the one you want

4. Desperado

Desperado <strong>The Bandit</strong>

Feb 16, 2008
    Long Way Home .......
    Hey Mediceman ! How ya been bud ? Been out trucking , home till Friday 0800 leave out till Xmas .. Thanx for the info . I will check it out .
    Have a great turkey day ! :yes2557:

5. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    you pretty much just described what i'm doing too but I may stay untill monday, not sure yet

6. johnn5272000

johnn5272000 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Bloomington in
    I worked on schneiders choice its a good deal but they are slowing it down. On the hiring end if you have alot of good experience they will still hire you. For me it was the best van job I ever had. didn,t get rich but i averaged 1.43 for all miles and they have a huge selection. That was before fuel prices rocketed up too.

7. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    I just was hired on at Schneider. Running under the choice program.

So far...

Indy to KC MO $2.20 a mile, 12,000 lbs, live load, drop in KC.

Hook in KC, live load in the caves, 20,000 lbs, $2.00 a mile to JAX FL.

JAX FL drop and hook, $1.79 a mile to Albany GA.

All numbers are to the truck. Fuel is running around $1.08 a mile this week.

They do not charge for QualCom. You will need their bobtail or OOIDA's. $1000 bond? Got to do it, $50 a week. Occupational health, $163 a month, gotta have it.

That is it if you have your own plates and comp on your truck. Their plates are cheaper, and you can get one at the end of orientation. They also pay all tolls, except for Indy, OH and FL toll roads. Preepass is $13 a month, direct bill to you with toll function.

So far, I am very impressed! The orientation in Indy is a pain in the arse, three 14 hour days for owner ops and and one 12 hour day. It was long, and exhausting. But, you had a good handle on who they are when you left.

I was very impressed with the entire experience. Everyone there is an old driver or is married to one that is employed as a driver. They have heard it all. And the one thing that I could not get over was the fact that I actually felt, when I left, that they cared about us as drivers. Especially the contract drivers. It was wierd to say the least. I have not been around a big company for years. They left me with a good impression.

But, I look at all of the above as a businessman. They ain't going to bend over to kiss your arse if YOU screw up. They are looking for proffesionals, not wannabe owner ops. We had 6 owner ops, 3 of us made it. And they did not take the guy that barely spoke english.

You need a good record, and they do vet you.

Mike

If you want to contact me, give me a call via pm. You can call me, I will shoot you my cell #, and I will get on the board and tell you what is available in your area, real time.

8. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    you can not actually go on the live board untill you are leased to them . i am currently in power plus with my own authority and they treat me well just not enough work as the leased operators get loads first which i understand but i am concidering moving to the choice program and deactivating my authority

waterloo if you could get in touch with me via PM, i'd like to talk to you about it

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  9. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the IC and O/O?
    I have been driving as a company driver for Schneider since May 9th and am looking forward to buying my own truck and hauling their loads. The problem is, Teams can not get on the choice program, which sucks. I might have to kick the wife out...LOL.

10. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    they have allot of restrictions. they were going to let me in then then sai dthey won't because my o/o exp isn't in the last three years.

they also don't allow small fleets into that program

11. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    I truly hope this is a typo. Otherwise this would mean your truck is getting about 2.5MPG's ??????

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.