Schneider IC Mandatory OnGaurd system

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Golden Goose, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    As long as they have naive morons believe in what comes out of their mouth they will continue to do this but just because they have an icoa signed does not mean they can't be sued and they are certainly headed down that path

Road Jouster, Friday, TennMan and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    There is also, I understand, a requirement to be 2010 emissions compliant.

See ya!

sealevel and TennMan Thank this.
  4. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    If they had not started the "no glider" thing, I may have bought a truck and gone there. Kinda glad things went the way they did.

5. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    fixed that for ya

6. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    How is it miss classification? How's this any different than companies saying we don't want trucks older than 5 years or no gliders? I don't think it is at all. I'm not drinking the kool-aid here, but companies have some rights when you run under their authority to insist on what equipment you bring on. It's not like they're forcing you to stay away from home and run certain loads. That clearly would be crossing the line.

RStewart, jakecat22 and TennMan Thank this.
  7. Cledus Snow

Cledus Snow Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Yep, just like fed ex requires IC's to have white trucks.

Schneider has lawsuit-itis, every asinine reg they have is about eliminating litigation. Like the no phone/u turn rule, and making IC's have an llc or dba. This is to solidify that you are in business for yourself and not a Schneider employee.

What this is really about, is to get more azzzzes in a lease truck to increase revenue.

All of the changes come full circle to the IPO.

8. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    This whole thing as we all know has very little to do with safety. It's all about leasing trucks. If the truth was to be known they don't want to accept new trucks that aren't leased through SFI. It's all about SFI and leasing, the perceived safety benefits is just icing on the cake and what they claim justifies this nonsense.
    For me, I have logged a half million safe miles while a ic for SNI. Perfect driving record, and never even a breakdown in the 4 years that required a relay, all while driving a truck with well over a million miles. The thought of them requiring me to spend thousands of dollars on some goofy device that will never earn me a dime just to have the "privelage" to haul their cheap freight I find laughable. SFI and SNI National (as we use to call it) have always been too close. It's just rearing its head now for all to see.

9. Golden Goose

Golden Goose Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I do think it's definately about SFI. I've done pretty well here or atleast survived, but I don't lease my truck. I don't like the system having control of my brakes, so will never install it. As it was said, it makes me no extra money. I guess when the time comes I'll roll on elsewhere. They wont mind cause they will have a SFI truck replace me. Ultimately it's our choice to accept the change or move on. It is what it is. Landstar and others will probably have lots of applications next year.

QuietStorm, RStewart and sealevel Thank this.
  10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I have always driven a truck with collision mitigation systems!

It's called a brake pedal.

Not only are they requiring all O/O trucks to have a collision mitigation system installed bit they're saying which brands they'll accept.

If you don't think they force you to haul the loads they want you too answer this.

Do you or I or any other IC see all of their loads?

Do they limit what we do see?

Do they control pick up and delivery times?

Can we negotiate anything with them?

I know the answers to all the questions my point is they control what when where and how we do the job of delivering freight.

we only control whether or not we stay employed or "contracted" with SNI.

Not one thing that's changed over the last 3 years has been to benefit the "contractors".

If they really want to protect themselves from liability they'd not have any trucks leased and require every owner operator to have their own Authority.

But it's about them having total control and their bottom line not ours.

11. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I don't disagree with anything you said. I just don't think having rules on what kind of equipment we bring to the table is classifying us as employees. Every company in the world cares, or at least they should be, about their bottom line, just like we care about ours. Bottom line is they have the leverage basically because it's their authority and their freight. We can take it or walk away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.