Schneider in Charlotte?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by IsTrucking4Me?, Apr 15, 2008.

1. IsTrucking4Me?

IsTrucking4Me? Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Somewhere, Out There
    Thinking about going with the orange for training-cannot afford school otherwise. Any opinions on their program?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newroady

newroady Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    columbia sc
    They are all about the same.What state do you live in? There only hiring teams from my state s.c. I need to find someone to team with. I've been accepted but need someone to team with. Interested? thanks

4. CharlotteDriver

CharlotteDriver Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I went through the Charlotte academy. I still drive for them. You still here? Any questions I can help you with?

5. TruckerJerry

TruckerJerry Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    this is a ok place to work

6. TruckerJerry

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    I got my training here. I went to their school and met some pretty ok ppl. As for after the training and the contract they werent the company for me but its a good place to start to get your feet wet. Good luck

7. TruckerJerry

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
  8. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Are they hiring anywhere in the SE or SW for solo drivers? I am seeing from their website that they may now no longer be hiring students for solo anywhere in the country. Can't even get a recruiter to speak to me. Everything in their system goes to voice mail.

9. CharlotteDriver

Sep 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    ^^I'll have to check on this for ya. I know they have been concentrating on hiring experienced drivers, but I believe they are still hiring and training students. Give me a couple days.

10. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks... I have read elsewhere that Schneider has pretty much quit hiring new drivers except in the Green Bay facility. Another driver told me he was told that Schneider has put off hiring anyone with less than 6 months pretty much until after the holidays... and I am betting it goes longer than that.

On that note, I have put my AZ house on the market and am looking seriously at just moving to NC and start putting out apps once there as there seems to be still more jobs there than here and a better chance of getting a job.

Thanks again. Any info is appreciated.

11. CharlotteDriver

Sep 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah the economy is slow just about anywhere right now. Have you checked out City-Data online forums? If you read through some of the North Carolina posts you can get a better feel for the area and get an idea from locals what the job market is like. Good luck and let me know if I can help....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.