Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by smoothoperator, Jun 16, 2005.

1. 3quarters

3quarters Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Skullitor, you are the man.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    8) Hey 3Quarters, Don't you PROUDLY wear your company issue ORANGE Boxers(Drawers)with pumpkins on them? :shock:

4. hateschneider

hateschneider Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2006
    ? irrelevant comments...
    Just to update ...I found another job and have quit schneider. When I told them I'm quitting they offered me dedicated position and said they didnt want to loose me. I made $ 1100 with my current company the first week.Double what I made with schneider.
    I'm happy I quit.
    Just to add ...u guys say how the problem is the person and their communication and the inabilities to send macros ....as I know if ur working 4 schneider... ur stl makes sure to let u know if ur messing those up and to correct the problem and that was not the problem in my case. I think sending macros and using the satellite was easy.
    The problem is schneider, they low pay, lack of trailers, wrong directions on macros, low miles, customer service ....etc..
    If I was the problem alone... then the newsletter that came out about problems and issues that schneider has, was written for me only.
    READ IT YOURSELF!!!!
    klick the link below

http://www.schneider.com/drivers/extramile/extramile_1205.pdf

5. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    The link does not work....

6. kc0rey

kc0rey Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Macomb, IL

Who uses Macros? They are never right. This is the new mellinium folks. Lets get high tech.

I use software all the time, pick up the phone and call the customer and even have a GPS enabled PDA (Garmin iQue 3600) with mapping that tells me when to turn and how far to the next turn.

Macros.........that is so...........90's

BTW, did you guys know Ham Radio Operators have been using satallite tracking and communications for years? It is called APRS (Automatic Position Reporting System), works wonderfully and is allot cheaper then the Qualcom unit your company pays for.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Worked for me...

8. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    OK, could have been my firewall....it worked this time...

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That must have been what happened with me and the ConWay pics.

10. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    hatesschneider Wrote:
    That's the name of the game. If you can better yourself, then that's what you SHOULD do. Schneider suffers the same problem that a lot of carriers suffer, and that is simply that they are not going to be able to satisfy everyone, every time.

Schneider's pay is not low. Without question, better deals may be found, but their overall compensation package is well above what most others are offering, if you take time to look at the entire picture. My recommendations in regard to Schneider also encompass many more items of criteria than simply pay.

Having enough trailers is a problem that all carriers are suffering at the moment. Customers tie them up for periods beyond what is expected or contracted in some cases. It's a constant battle. I would expect that they are operating at a ratio of five to one, which in normal circumstances should be more than enough, but shippers and receivers have a tendency to load or leave them loaded for a very big reason, depending on the time of the month or year. Product that is in transit is not taxed as inventory. As long as it is not physically in a warehouse, it is not in inventory.

I didn't read anything that you have eluded to, but that's beside the point. You gave them four months, or thereabouts according to your posts, and in my opinion, that's not enough time to fully have a chance to evaluate and initiate yourself into a company.

From what I understand, Schneider has an excellent program in place to assist drivers in dealing with problems they are encountering, and all a driver has to do is to avail themselves of that system. I see nothing in your posts to suggest that you did this. You quit.

Your first week with your new company was great, and while I hope it stays that way for you, if it does not, I urge you to take time to work out your difficulties before you move on to another place.

The thing that many people do not realize, is that all companies have problems, and they have periods of time when work slows and pay drops off. Trucking is as unpredictable at times as the weather is. Because all aspects of the pay are production oriented, there will be good weeks and bad weeks.

So many people leave at the first sign of a slow period, and move on elsewhere, without giving a company a chance to improve things for the driver. Then, when the same thing happens at the new company, off they go again to yet another.

When you have been in the game as long as I have, you know this to be the case, and you prepare for the bad weeks by pocketing funds when things are good to PREPARE for the bad weeks or periods.

11. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    DNC915 Carlisle,PA. more freight in the east than west for some weird reason.
    Skull 8)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.