Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by smoothoperator, Jun 16, 2005.

1. HwyPilot

HwyPilot Medium Load Member

May 31, 2008
    Northern Georgia
    Good one! Ummm, except the safety office will throw anything averaging more than 63mph back at you with a stern warning. :biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379drive

379drive Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Morristown, TN
    I have 2 yrs of my job history with Schneider. 10 yrs driving in total. Their training is the best compared to Swift or Werner or most of those kinds of companies. I speak highly of them. I would recommend them. I got more respect there than most other companies I ever drove for. "All roads lead to Schneider"

4. RockStar

RockStar Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Taylor, Mi
    ouch so Schneider makes all their Drives do 63 mph no matter what, :biggrin_25513: and if they are over that they are hit like dog $h@t

5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    LMAO; Your never gonna go 75 in a Schneider Truck Rockstar ! Most are set at 60!!!

6. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Well yeah, they are trying to spread opportunity.

7. HwyPilot

HwyPilot Medium Load Member

May 31, 2008
    Northern Georgia
    The only place you could ever legally run an average speed higher than 63mph for 10 hours straight would be the surface of the moon. Things like hills, traffic, fuel stops, rest stops, construction zones, and speed limit drops really take a toll on your average. Now if you had to load/unload in that shift your average speed really tanks. I've actually heard of drivers being ticketed for speeding by the DOT based solely on the timeline in their logbook (never met them personally, but have heard about it).

8. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx

It doesn't matter because Schnieder is on electronic logs. it is logged as you drove it.

9. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

lol...ok seriously? This might be beleiveable for those of us who have never visited the Fontana OC. I trained there, so lets get a grasp on reality. The fortification you talk about...is a metal fence. The metal fence wraps around the entire complex. Fancy, I know! You can't easily get in there, because unless you are a SNI employee...you ARENT SUPPOSED TO! Its an operating center..not a "hey i want a job" center.

Once you enter the OC, the facility is mostly open, outside of the locked doors in the back going towards the room for the DBL's...although I find it hard to believe they actually staff recruiters there, instead of Green Bay...but who knows.

As far as your interview with her. Its designed to be over the phone because she has a computer right there where she has the questions and can enter your answers.

Since you didn't have any recent experiece, she wanted you to get some at a local training school. And yes, she probably isnt supposed to recommend anyone...because for the most part..she only talks to people who have actually read the job description and requirements...that state you need recent experience. If you had already noted that and had the refresher course locally...that might suffice.

Drug testing, can be done any which way the law allows. I never had to do a follicle test...but they CAN be done...especially to someone who enters a complex designed for employees only and makes a situation seem uncomfortable or very akward.

SHC and AfterShock Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    27 grand for computer repair school?

LMAO!!!!!:biggrin_25523:

What a smuck.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    You seem surprised.
    How long have you been a trucker husband
    and how long has your wife been driving Big trucks?

SHC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.