Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by smoothoperator, Jun 16, 2005.

1. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Its not so much the money with Schneider.Its the experience.A beautiful,mind altering experience that keeps on giving.
    Don't try and focus on the money.Its how much can YOU as a driver give?
    Unfortunately theres only 14 hrs. in a day.
    They do hire new drivers. woo!
    They loo ove new drivers.
    My experience was a magical adventure.
    Some of the finest equipment money could buy...Gentle,warm,fuzzy feeling conversations with dbls.Gosh,what a swell time I had.If you have a problem (WHICH IS RARE)Its addressed promptly,and you will find yourself skipping out of the office knowing your issues will be taken care of.
    I should be a recruiter :biggrin_25512:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    My truck is maintained great, I don't need benefits so I don't know how theirs are, but for having less than 1 year experience I won't complain about my $800+(net) weekly paychecks.:biggrin_255:

4. optimusprime_Va.

optimusprime_Va. Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Richmond, Virginia
    Well I'm a driver with 15 months of experience under my belt. Schneider is interested in giving me a dedicated position pulling out of a walmart distribution center that is 64 miles away from my house. They are saying that I will get home two days a week! Which is great for me, seeing how what I'm coming from now. I just want to know if I should believe what they are saying on the home time front, because otherwise there is no need for me to leave my company I am working for now. Home time is what is important right now. I just would like to hear any comments good or bad, just true is all i ask. What can i expect on this account?

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Is 25 hours considered as 2 days hometime ????????

6. jakecat22

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    most wal mart dedicated accounts get you home for a 34 hour restart. They say it is 2 days but it really isn't.

Most trucks on these accounts are slip seat, and are probably some of the worst trucks the company has.

Not to scare you, some people don't mind the trucks, and 34 hours a week at home is way more than I get, I am OTR, but I have known several drivers that started on wal mart and quickly switched, it isn't one of the more sought after dedicated accounts with Schneider.

7. FSJ4000

FSJ4000 Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Puyallup, WA
    I have a buddy in the Sacremento, CA area who is interested in the Day Cab local Intermodal account there at Schneider. He has 1 year OTR experience, clean record and a good safe driver. Also he has delivered to, and picked up at a lot of locations where he sees these intermodal guys. So already he is some what familiar to the kind of work they deal with. Is anyone familiar with this account and have any helpful comments or information I could give him bad or good just true. One big one is the pay if anyone knows. Thanks!

8. Trucker82673

Trucker82673 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Wilmington,DE
    I went to Schneider in 2007 and drove for them. I loved my job until I switched to regional someone loaded the trailer wrong and the load fell on me. Schneider tried everything to get rid of me after my injury including starve me out. So I left and they listed me as a no rehire even though I never missed a delivery deadline or had a service failure. They have cost me mean job offers. I had a friend call for a reference and they were told I was unreliable and unpredictable. But there is nothing in my file against me or my performance.

9. jakecat22

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    not calling you a liar, but I am thinking you are leaving out parts of the story.

I know plenty a driver that have gotten hurt, and SNI has accommodated them in every way imaginable. I do know of one driver who was fired after an injury.....but he lied about it and told them he was wearing his safety boots when in fact he was wearing tennis shoes. If he was wearing his boots, he never would have been injured.

But before they found out he was lying, they kept him on, placed him at an OC and payed him hourly for working at the driver services desk.

10. Mios

Mios Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Alright , I have been searching the internet the past few days to make sense of what is going on , and heresthe real face of schneider , no this isnt someone upset or wanting revenge or trying to bad mouth them , i worked for them an yes i did like my job but being teams OTR , given impossible dispatches , lied to , strong armed into things that i did not feel safe doing and treated like well pretty much a floor mat heres whats interesting , they lie about the pay , home time , miles , they force you to take any load they want an you do not have a choice unless you are out of hours , they tell you during training they will never put a smoker with a non-smoker (unless you ask for eachother by name ) an they will NEVER put a man with a woman (unless you ask for them by name ) both of which they did to me , first a temp team parther that could not stand smoke , next a non-smoker that didnt want to wait another month for them to find someone else so he accepted it, i worked with him 4 out of the 6 months i worked for schneider the pay and bs and strong arm tactics caused him to quit an left me a solo driver for over a month untill they decided to put a fresh out of training woman 10 years older than me in the truck with me , she was a horrible driver she told them she needed more training as did i , they refused , i got little to no sleep the following week , her second week out she ran over signs an was going to run from the accident , i told her to pull over an walked her through what she needed to do after that even went so far as to let her use my phone with the numbers for our DBL and accidents programed into it , after it was over an it was finally my time to drive i was routed back to my OC where she informed me she quit and within an hour i was pulled into an office alone with my DBL and her boss , he said an i quote , it doesnt look like this is going to work out theres a lot of grey areas but im not going to hash that over with you , if you get 40K miles with another company you come back , i asked what grey areas an for what reason are you fireing me , they refused non-stop , they made sure to get me off the property within 1 hour , had a cab on the way to take me to the bus station , the pay was crappy the loads were crappy and the dispatch was crappy i almost never had the correct information on my dispatch an had to call multiple times for the correct numbers or addresses , even locations , i never complained i did everything that was asked of me , filled out my eta/nat/nal's and did everything i was tought , just shy of 6 months and i still have no clue what happend , i just know i will never recomend them again an i will never go back

11. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Why were you so hellbent on teaming? Why didn't you just go solo and not deal with co drivers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.