Schneider National # Charlotte

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by electricglide, Mar 13, 2008.

1. electricglide

electricglide Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    raeford, north carolina
    Seriously considering going to trucking for a second career.

Have been reading what's on the board. I got it.

Purpose of this post is to request recent graduates of Schneider at Charlotte, NC. let me know what you think of the course and schneider?

Ten being excellent. One being zero.

Request please let me know about quality of life at the hotel, and day to day activities?

WHat is the pass/ fail rate?

How many drop outs, and failures?

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimF

JimF "If you got it, flaunt it"

Jan 29, 2008
    Salisbury NC
    Don't have answers to your questions, but is there any way you can get schooling on your own? Getting it through a company means your locked to them, usually for a year, and it's tough to walk if they have a hold on you.

Just asking.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you are going to the Charlotte Area... Try looking up Cross-Country Truck Driving School in Thomasville, NC... about 90 miles north of Charlotte.... good school... priced right... small classes ..... and a bunk house to stay in if you desire while you are there... Mark

5. possessed

possessed Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    NC
    I am also interested in Schneider, Charlotte area.

6. electricglide

electricglide Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    raeford, north carolina
    This is what I got from surfing other posts.

Class started with 24.
    Graduated 10.
    10 failed background check.
    2 failed backing manuever.
    2 just did not get it.

Quality of life. Be prepared to live with a nasty person. Keep your stuff secured. Hotel is trash.

7. Royedw

Royedw Bobtail Member

May 2, 2008
    Lynchburg, VA
    I wonder if you're staying in the same hotel I did in 1994??? I cannot say anything bad about Schneider's driver training, it was excellent and because of the size of the company they will keep you trained for their insurance purposes if you want to get trained!! My trainer was Johnny. I did the skid pad training on the real pad before it went to computers, it was awesome stuff! But I went on the road as a team driver in the old cab overs, 6 months was all I could stand and they never got us home either back then.

If you can, stay with them the first year and get the commitment out of the way, leave professionally and they won't ding your DAC report and you shouldn't have to reimburse them for your training, (unless their agreement is longer now). I would think because of their size and insurance costs they're not going to cheat you in training, but you will have to meet their standards and if you do, you should become a very good driver...

8. twiddle-D

twiddle-D Bobtail Member

May 12, 2008
    North Carolina
    Hey electricglide,
    There is a fellow that attended the Schneider's school in Charlotte and did a journal of the whole thing. Very enjoyable reading. Google a "truckers journal", and you'll find it.
    Take care

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.