Schneider National Is Really Bad

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by panjancan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Maybe because they can't find that GREAT Commercial gig like you have! :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    No matter how many years you have been out here, there is no way that you predict the future or what the weather might have in store for you when driving. Case in point. Years ago I was parked overnight. Woke up the next morning, snow. Walked around, got on the CB, roads were snow packed. I waited a little while. Finally started off. Was on 36 in MO. The road was snow covered, but driving slow. Went into the next county, and the roads turned to almost ice. Slowing down, came out from behind a bunch of trees, and a wind gust. I think that you can guess what happened when the wind gust hit the side of the trailer. Forgot, was MT. A 180 and down the embankment. Stayed upright. When mine happened, I was the 3rd truck in 30 minutes, and there was about 4 cars. All in the same small stretch of hwy, East and West.

Could I have predicted that wind. Was not there earlier, and when towed out, still was not there. Luckily when it happened, there was a State Trooper behind me. He saw it happen. Now, no ticket written. No investigation. Got back to the yard and safety wanted to know where the ticket was. Said that there was not one. Called the trooper up, told them that we was not writing one. There was not one way in hell that I could have controlled what happened, other then not being there. Also told them that the county that it happened, they where the only one that had not cleaned the road yet, after numerous calls to get out and clean.

To this day, it is still on my DAC as a incident. SNI can still not believe that it was not written up as an Accident. They even filed a request from the FMCSA asking if there was a write up, and no, there was not.

My point in this, no matter how long we have been out here, we can not control mother nature. She can surprise the best of us. I wonder, how many of you have heard reports of Tornado warnings in your area, and keep driving????? Torrential rains, keep driving. Yes, slow down, but how slow is slow????

4. HeavyMaul

HeavyMaul Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Americas Playground
    First of all to the guy that started the thread. Another forum member said it best. YOU..ONLY YOU... are the one that CONTROLS your truck. YOU should have checked the weather reports, trip plan your day, and if need be call them to let the know the road conditions are not safe to drive on. They would have told you to send in a MAC29 to give them your safe ETA. So YOU should have taking the proper steps to make sure YOU are safe. #### they truck and load.

Second, for "MR BALTIMORE PORKCHOP", What do you expect from companies the have thousands of trucks and trailers that go across the border and are pulled by 3rd party companies and drivers. Let me guess, you expect all air ride trailers and brand new pete's and KW's!!! Hmm, SNI have knew Volvo's and KW that TEAMS run. They are the worst looking trucks in the fleet cause ALOT of drivers have the attitude "it's not my truck" So let's not go there!!!

I've been with SNI for 6yrs, I did 1yr as a company driver then moved over to O/O side and wouldn't change it for nothing. I book my own loads and I do the best to my ability to keep me and my equipment safe. I could careless what they have on they agenda. If I don't feel the conditions are safe, i will let them know that and if that's not good enough. They can come get it the load and deliver it.

5. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina

Dude, what does this word mean ???????????? :biggrin_25523:

6. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    He got converted from Muslim maybe?:biggrin_25523:

Infamous El Guapo Thanks this.
  7. Infamous El Guapo

Infamous El Guapo Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. RightSideSlide

RightSideSlide Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2010
    USA
    Tell tale signs of what dangers lie ahead? ... yea, sometimes.
    Accurate weather forecasts to determine "park or drive"? .... yea, sometimes.
    Abrupt unforeseeable changes in road conditions, weather, traffic, etc? ... yea sometimes.

"If you knew where you were going to die, you would never go there".

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  9. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Probably Allegation, like -alleges the incident occurred.

10. cheeseman6697

cheeseman6697 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2011
    louisville, ky
    if you cant gross over $1000 a week, its time to look for a company where you can

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :salute:Thanx for the Merriam-Webster link, El Guapo. I learned a few new words as a result. Now, if I can't dazzle folks with my brilliance, I can more easily baffle 'em with bovine excrement by using obscure words no one really knows the definition of, and they're too intimidated to ask for clarification. :biggrin_25523:

OH!
    And Welcome to the forums.
    :hello2:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.