Schneider National or Prime Trucking for a Newbie?????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Johnnb, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Johnnb

Johnnb Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Hello:

I have the choice between becoming a driver for Schneider National or Prime Trucking. For all of you experienced drivers out there, which company is a good company to start and grow with? I can leave for either one in August? What are the benefits of becoming a new driver for a big company as opposed to a smaller one. Prime is building a new terminal in Harrisburg, PA and they guarantees home time for me. However, they both are offering home time. I personally don't care too much for home time since I have no wife or children. I am sure my parents will understand that I am making money for my life and future. Can anyone provide me with some good advice? Thanks again.

John

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snorelord

snorelord Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Springfield, Missouri
    I don't know much about Schneider but do know some Prime drivers. If you go with Prime Make sure you don't get on their lease program. I have heard good things about their company program (Especially tank division) but nothing good on their lease. They have nice trucks and their headquarters here in Springfield has everything a homeless person needs. And since hometime isn't important Prime is definitely right up your alley. I wish I had more info on Schneider.

4. NCtrucker77

NCtrucker77 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2006
    i dont know bout prime, but i can speak for schneider. I went thru their training program and it was top notch. I love driving for them they have been real good so far. As for a newbie schneider is the way to go they dont treat you like a student they treat you like a driver. so i wish you the best of luck on your decision, and welcome to the world of truck driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.