Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. bert57nc

bert57nc Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Iron Station, N. C.
    If I remember correctly, my recruiter told me 14 days training then 10 days with a driver.
    My training would be in Coraopolis PA.
    I called the TSA this morning, background check is complete, got my clearance for hazmat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AllieCat

AllieCat Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    I guess I could wait...anything worth while is worth waiting for :biggrin_25519:

4. Bikerdave

Bikerdave Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Middle of nowhere TEXAS
    A lot of times the recruiters are mislead. For the coroapolis account you will have 7 days orientation in Dallas. Then you will go to Pa. They will decide how much training you will have then road test you. After that you are on your own. Usually it wont take the full 2 weeks if you are a fast learner. Its up to your T.E. how long you need to train HTH

5. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    I am hiring Jeff Needham in Waxahachie to take the driving portion, totally skipping all the "recruiter" stuff

6. bert57nc

bert57nc Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Iron Station, N. C.
    Thanks for the info.
    I've got to talk to the recruiter this week.
    I had understood that orientation would also be in Coraopolis.
    I would be in PA for training only. Will run out of the Charlotte OC.
    If I wanted van, all would be done in Charlotte.
    Then again, this is a recruiter I'm dealing with, who knows how much info I get is accurate.
    I guess I'll find out when they get me a bus ticket.

7. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Try Schneider Corpus Christi Tx, I work there, we go out about 100 miles, 8 or 9 hours a day.

8. prometheuss

prometheuss Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2012
    thanks for all the good info rockdoctor planing on going down to west texas in mid sep when i get outa school would you suggest getting my TWIC card before getting out there out wait ?

9. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    every preparation you can make that you think will do some good

absolute everything you can .....

10. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Hey Stubby, mind telling us more about your account?

How many drivers there, what is a typical day like, is the account expanding (I know y'all stole some of the new tankers from our account):yes2557:, is there a lot of driver turnover, etc.

Thanks!

11. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Not much new to report on the Victoria account. We still have more drivers than the trucks can handle. Some shifts are sitting around (and getting paid) to wait on trucks to arrive from other shifts. When I was at the yard in the beginning of my shift I counted 20 tankers uncoupled just sitting there unused.

On the opposite end, I would say the customer's oil hasn't been flowing as efficiently as they want it to. The plan to expand the LACTs is behind schedule so for example, tonight we have 17 Schneider trucks and 15 Sun Coast trucks all sitting in the staging area just waiting to get on very few running LACTs. Some nights it is a challenge to get one load and deliver it!

I've seen a lot of new drivers on the account. I feel bad for some of them because the training happens so fast and I'm running into more drivers who seem to have a lot of questions. In the past drivers would train for a week, now they get about 3 days when they arrive in Victoria then they test out and run on their own. The good news is there are plenty of helpful drivers on the account willing to lend and hand and help answer the questions.

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.