Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Golabraun

Golabraun Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    We are already broke, illusions are lovely if you believe in them .

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D_Havens

D_Havens Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Which is truly unfortunate. There are a ton of companies in STX, many of whom will hire those with less experience, our group in STX will not though. We have some opportunities in WTX for those with less experience, but they don't pay near as well. It's an unfortunate trade off.

Doubtful. Having worked drilling rigs, fluid engineering, safety, production, and now HR, I can honestly say it's not possible. If you do a little research, you'll see we are the least dependant we have been on foriegn oil in decades, perhaps even ever. Couple that with the natural gas plays that are being explored around the country, we have enough natural gas to explore to provide our entire countries needs, plus export for profit to other countries for 200+ years (that's a number that was on rigzone or another industry news site, so that's not my words or ideas, but I do beleive it!!!)

Now, does that mean that the smaller companies in the industry won't be in trouble, I definately beleive they will. However the industry as a whole, will prevail.

This I can say I beleive!!!

Being a Marine Veteran, we are trained and trained never to speak against the commander in chief, and it's something I still will not do. However I will say I firmly disagree with far too many things he has done and tried to do.

I LOL'd.

Stubby T Slapnutt and Tractor7127 Thank this.
  4. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    The Permian Basin has experienced one of its largest booms while he's been in office. No, he doesn't get credit for it because it happened in spite of his administration. I don't want four more years, but I don't think the work will disappear because of him. Just think of how much busier it might get with a pro-energy administration!

Tractor7127 and hunnydew Thank this.
  5. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Come to the Permian Basin. Driver requirements tend to be less stringent than Eagle Ford. It's busier out here and companies always need hands.

6. Oilfielddriver

Oilfielddriver Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Boy bud I dont wont to be offensive but you really dont know what you are saying yes you have attained a good job that you like for your time as a CDL driver
    But I have a few question for you
    1 Why do you think Schneider hires people out of CDL school to work the Oilfileds---- ANSWER Because they are paying much less then the other companies that have been doing it
    so as a result they are driving down pay scales in this area,Watch once they have a corner on things if this happens they will lower the pay more to increase there profits, why because it will be easy to fill 5 jobs then to fill 100 faster for example, supply and demand applied to truckers my guess is you are making about 55k per year maybe thats 15.11 per hour, do the math thats low pay for a greedy company oh thats based on a 70 hour work week where I worked I was making 1540 per week gross for a 60 hour week 25.66 average so dont kid your self you just havent been payed well yet,but if you keep taking the low payments and dont set a standard for your profesional CDL YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR CUMP CHANGE

gdyupgal and D_Havens Thank this.
  7. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Were you born with the innate ability to drive a CMV or were you once a rookie like the rest of us? When you first began driving were you able to get the same job and pay rate as an experienced driver? Those were rhetorical questions, so don't feel the need to answer. It seems every industry has disgruntled veterans that like to piss and moan about how the new whippersnappers are driving down the rates for everyone else. It seems they forgot that they once were also newbies and had to do the same thing.

As for $55 K being "chump change", perhaps you've been living in a whole for the past 4 years and didn't hear about the recession. Maybe the OP would have been better off staying home and camping in the street with the Occupy Movement. After all, why find the courage to relocate your family and start over when you can just wait for a handout.

8. Oilfielddriver

Sep 11, 2012
    The point was his job is fine if thats what he wants
    But if you know or have watch companies like that they are like the Walmart of trucking
    there never will be good pay check for a good days work you will always be tied to the truck as many hours as they can run you
    as long as drivers except this theres no reason for it to get even a bit better,and you are correct about ression
    that has flooded the driving industry with drivers so pay gos down even more supply and demand,if thats what you want
    If you like working 70 hours per week fine,but it will not change never has never will some like it some dont
    So if you think driving on the road gets any better or the hours get shorter wont happen
    The 55 k has nothing to do with recession this is comon practice for compy like this
    Example discount are rates 10 bucks per hour take from driver give company 5 discount take remaing 5 dollars and put to profit to make up for it
    I worked for a company large trucking company that was going to go bankrut claiming we have no money took a pay cut yet came to find out at the time this all was going down they where buying companies in China and the CEO still took a 9 million dollar bounus for that year
    After you drive about 1 millon miles I dont think you are going to feel the same as you do now

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Ben Gunn

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    I hear what you're saying. My point was that all rookies have to start somewhere, and that's usually in the lower paying positions. You'll earn a heck of a lot more as a rookie driver in the oil field than as a rookie OTR driver. I've only been at this for six months. Once I hit the 12 month mark I know more opportunities will open up and I'll start applying with companies that pay more than Key Energy. After getting the $&@@ kicked out of me by the recession I'm very grateful to have a job earning $60K plus and I'm home with my family every night.

10. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012

11. Oilfielddriver

Sep 11, 2012
    Ill be up front Driver
    I dont think what you posted is true about Schneider concerning the money,,,,, drivers shortage that has nothing to do with who Schneider hires
    they have been doing this for years theres always a driver shortage you may be making 70k but I will lay my CDL on it 29.50 per hour not

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.