Schneider OTR first year on since hired on as a new driver

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by redbeardo, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    And for every bad review, there probably is a good review, or someone who likes it there. Everyone has an opinion, if you're looking for bad ones, they're usually easy enough to find.
    And unions are NOT the answer to every problem in this industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    If you want more miles and home time isn't that important to you, request it in Phoenix for a day one time then wherever you actually take home time next.

It's what I did when I worked there. Getting more miles also depends on how you're rated in the computer for the planners.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    You put in your time, paid your dues - good!
    Now, go get the job you deserve - there is really good stuff waiting for you. Just pick up one of those truck stop propaganda magazines; lots of companies offering up to 60cpm with the miles to go with it. This is a very good time to be looking for a job.

5. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Wait a minute - Texas?!
    It's a BIG state so, I guess it depends but that comment surprised.
    I'm looking at oil field jobs in Midland - seem to be starting at around $90k :)

6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I worked at Schneider in 2009-2010 and used a cooler with no ice. I knew going in they paid zip to zip. Some people need to take responsibility for not knowing and not asking about these things. But I guess it’s so much easier to blame the company and go post on Facebook like a useless teenager. Facebook LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.