Schneider Using Fear Tactics Against Unions in Orientation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Surfer Joe, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Wow, just wow. You truly are a bitter person.

And since you never served, how would you even have a clue of what fighting is about.

Let me give you a clue about heroes and brave men, which you have no actual knowledge of.

You're scared and you still advance towards the sound of weapons.

This is a moderated sub-forum with rules, so I can't tell you bluntly what I actually think about your comment,

JOHNQPUBLIC, 51.50, 91B20H8 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    This has little to do with being poor and everything to do with the instant gratification/ inability to save mental illness of modern society. If you got cable tv, internet, or a cell phone you are not poor.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Wow. You're wrong about so many different things that I don't know where to start.
    It looks like the other guys are doing a fine job of pointing out what a clueless, shallow, insensitive, ignorant, conceited, and utterly useless human being you are so I don't need to add to it.
    There's only a couple of people on my ignore list so I know there's room for you.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    JOHNQPUBLIC, Opus, 48Packard and 2 others Thank this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Just posting the links showing how little the average american has in the bank, not agreeing with Joes underlying premise.

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Yes, but are the numbers even right? Especially when talking about savings accounts. I dont even have a savings account, and neither does any money smart person. Why stick money in a savings account earning 1% max, when you can put it in a money market account earning 3.5%?

Same with a checking account, if not for owning a truck and having to be prepared to access large amounts of money immediately in case my crank breaks, or a rear end explodes in bfe, id keep very little in checking. It doesn't mean i have no savings, it just means i keep my money working by for me by growing, instead of sitting in an account devaluing.

7. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Regardless of what type of account we're talking about (and I would consider a money market a savings account), the basic financial health of most Americans is pretty lousy.

Middle class Americans: Not so wealthy by global standards (it's from 2014, but over the last four years consumer spending has gone up while savings rate are approachinga 20 year low).

Here's the average net worth of Americans at every age

Compare Your Wealth to the Average American Net Worth

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    But what does that tell you? How is any of that the fault of America or society? Let us say that every person made an extra 50,000 a year. Would the savings go up? Or, would people just have more stuff? My point is that if you look at those peoples lives on an individual level, then you will see many cases of unnecessary purchases. Did you really need the Lariat F-150, the 72 inch, the Harley? I think you get my point.

Besides, history is replete with people that never prepared for the future. Drunks, opium addicts and poor investments have been represented throughout history. It is not my place to tell anyone how to live their life. If you want a fancy vehicle then buy it, but what you shouldn't then do is complain to me about how you are broke. How many "poor" people still smoke and drink everyday? This is not a problem of money, it is a problem of self discipline. Those that have self discipline will always have more later on. Their children will have more opportunities and thus, inequality is born. This will happen in any society, any system at any time. There are ways to play any game that gives you an advantage.

My point is simple, this is a people problem and unless you want to get in the business of telling people how to live their lives, then we just have to deal with it.

9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I think it is funny that we are arguing over first world problems and don't even realize how good we have it here. One of the biggest problems facing America is obesity. Think about that for a minute. Even the most basic study of history should show you just how remarkable that is. There are millions of people that would be willing to cross a sea in a rickety boat just for a chance, just a chance at even a fraction of what we have. And here we are, complaining.

Many people thought that we could build a perfect society, in which nobody wanted for anything. That is not possible because people will just invent things to complain about. It seems that we humans need a dragon to slay and once all the actual dragons are slain, we just change the definition. Imagine for a moment that virtually any King in history would consider any of our houses better than his palace and just think on that for a minute. Anything can be improved sure, but what good does running down our society and demonizing each other do? Sometimes I think that if we are taken out by nukes, or climate change or disease, we kind of deserve it. We are truly spoiled and can't see how much we really have.

Lonesome, spyder7723 and nightgunner Thank this.
  10. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010

Again, wasn't trying to make a point, nor supporting Joe's, but understanding where we actually are is important. The average American can't go 6 months out of work without relying on public assistance. That's bad for them and bad for me (and you, too).

Financial insecurity leads to poor decision making. Have a person play a rigged game of monopoly (or similar game). Put them at a crossroads - choice A has little risk and good long term returns, choice B has large risk but large return. If the player feels 'wealthy'/financially secure, they tend to make choice A. If they are losing relative to other players or are otherwise financially strapped they tend to chose B. If a person doesn't see a way forward, they will make choices based on short term logic. As they make poor choices, it impacts society as a whole.

11. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Lets face it.. Sometimes the system is setup for you to fail.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.