Schneider Using Fear Tactics Against Unions in Orientation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Surfer Joe, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Unions seem to be working out splendidly for Detroit. The people down south are more than happy to have those jobs. Just a simple notation on the history that is right before our very eyes. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    What union jobs in Detroit moved south?

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  4. sealevel

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    It's not so much that the Detroit jobs went South it's just that the auto plant expansion is currently happening in right to work states for a reason. No telling what would have happened if not for all the govt bailouts.
    I think it's cool to see a Nissan plant the size of a small City in BFE TN. Gave those people some much needed high quality jobs and if they are smart won't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds them. Just my opinion. Many will disagree. Not exactly a economics major here. Just seems so obvious.

8thnote and All4Safety Thank this.
  5. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Nice try, but no, the mods would not.
    This basis of this thread has absolutly nothing to do with politics; it is simply a statement of certain practices that Schneider is applying.
    If you continue to choose to hijack this thread for political purposes, than you should go into the political section yourself and have your fun in there.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    We’ll be watching. ;)

Lonesome, ethos, 91B20H8 and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    So just to get it straight, no union jobs went south?

8. sealevel

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Well, they weren't building plants all over Mexico because they like the weather.

sdaniel, ethos and spyder7723 Thank this.
  9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Yes I should have kept working and he should of been laid off. Management even told me this. Slacker did bare minimum to skim by.

Unions used to have their place before OSHA and safe working conditions, but now they protect the lazy. Some good it does when they basically are responsible for their own demise.

Oh and there's also the political side of it, ask the teamsters how happy they are....

sdaniel, Lonesome and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Timken relocated it's bearing plant from a union state to a right to work state.

sdaniel Thanks this.
  11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Please note that my comment was directed at another poster who was discusing the merits of company provided amenities, not your original post.

The mods have asked nicely to avoid getting into political discusions, including social society structure, in the open forums. Therefore as @p608 and I started to veer, I politely invited him to continue the discusion by pm or in the politics section.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.