Schneider won't except AZ students, got any ideas

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mannmk7, May 6, 2008.

1. dcedlr

dcedlr Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Forget Schneider! I recommend Arrow Trucking out of Tulsa, OK. Better money and they hire all 48. I have been with them 7 months and I am happy. Good miles, no payroll issues, but you get treated like a number. I dont have a problem with that as long as my miles are good and I get paid accurately on time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Sounds good. This may be the best info yet. I just went to their website. It doesn't say anything about training a new guy, meaning I have no CDL. Your pretty new at 7 mos. Did they get you a CDL. Flatbed hauling is good work isn't it? Solo driving, your load is unloaded for u, right? Clue me dude.

Thanks

4. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    My areas Kingman, AZ, small pop., 30,000. 90 miles to Vegas. We got Swift, Werner, Citi, Fed EX Ground, all about 10 miles away.

Not nowing the business I don't know how far is to far. Sni won't take me on their OC is 250 miles away, they don't do enough here, they have good respected training thats why I was going with them. Don't know any others.

Some don't care where a person lives, like Prime they train for cdl, somebody else says Arrow don't care were I live. I'm sure there r others I just do know yet who they are. I guess some outfits don't care where u live they do 48 anyway. I would like to get with a good outfit and stay with them, I just need to try and get more info.

Thanks

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Try Crete carrier corporation. They have a Toleson terminal.

Hunter

6. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Thats a good one, they don't accept military experiance, ####.

7. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ

Do they train people to get there CDL? Went to their site, it says nothing about training a guy for a CDL.

Thanks

8. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I was at a Rhodes meeting and they said before work stopped they had dirt work 75 drivers. U got a cdl so your ok I'm still out of the picture without the ticket.

:biggrin_25518:

9. psychocreep

psychocreep Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Flagstaff, Az
    I live in Flagstaff and got that same response from the recruiters at Schneider.

I was told to check back with them in about a month. I wasn't going to wait around for a month so I jumped on with Swift and things are going great for me (for now anyways).

10. sexytrucker1

sexytrucker1 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2008
    evansville indiana
    50 mph in the sand doesnt count and furthermore every thats gets out of the military says they drove a truck, your exp and education isnt the same, companies do not care, example A driver drove local for 5 years, then decided to go long haul, guess what he is a rookie all over agian because its totally different being gone 2-3 weeks and driving in different territories, state laws vary for instance, you cannot know them by just being a local driover and expect to keep up with the demands and stay ahead of the game. The military is totally on a different page from the civilian world sarge.

11. sexytrucker1

sexytrucker1 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2008
    evansville indiana
    well you arent convienient for them, and the train yards not near you, exp drivers know what I mean, ha hah ha hah

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.