Schneider won't except AZ students, got any ideas

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mannmk7, May 6, 2008.

1. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    This is one of the responces I believe I was looking for. A bit none conventional but another way to approach the problem. Once I figure it all out companies will probably be laying drivers off.

Thanks

:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moonshadow

moonshadow Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
    Wow...I found myself on another post...and here you are again showing off your ability to be so nasty with someone else. Once again, I am asking myself..."Is there a direct correlation between a high number of posts and becoming a certified p***?" Based on one members conduct...yes that is you Aftershock (or do your friends just call you shocker), I would have to answer the question, "hell yes".

Please grow up After Shocker...give your honest opinions...but for the rest of all, please oh please...stop the junior high antics, you school yard "badman bully!"

Happy Trails Cowboy..(or Cowgirl)

4. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    evrtrucker -

I do apologize. I really don't get that way. In fact, I think my response to you may have been my first flame on this board.

I'd just gotten off the phone with my ex-business partner, and I should have stayed OFF the darn computer and not taken out my .. um.. irritation on you.

I definitely should have read all of the post to which I was replying, and you were quite right to point out that I hadn't.

Nobody is questioning your ability to drive a truck, or even to work with others. The whole point is that military drivers are completely unfamiliar with the rules and regulations of civilian trucking - on a day-to-day basis. Would you let a civilian driver just hop into one of your trucks and drive?

The tools are essentially the same - but the rules are different. Trucking companies want to make sure you know the rules before calling they relax and pay you more.

5. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Same to you sugar. :salute:

6. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I heard that one of the reasons SNI may not take on Arizona student drives is because after an Arizona driver gets their CDL permit, Arizona MVD will only except training from a facility in the state of Arizona.

:biggrin_25521:

With this, and along with the info I have received here, this thread could be closed. Only if I knew how close it.

Thanks to those who have helped.

7. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    So dirt is starting to p/u in Mohave County. It has died here in Vegas. Got laid off the end of Jan. Been hell trying to find work. Haven't ran the road since 1988. Then i had 13 yrs exp. Ran all over the east coast. Hunts pt. market, the produce market on Roosevelt st. in Chicago. BUT I HAVE "NO RECENT EXP." Can't find a road job because of the B.S.
    Anyway who might be hiring over in the Kingman area? Got five yrs exp. in End Dumps over here. Wife will have her CDL at the end of June and really want to go on the road. Want out of Vegas. Any suggestions? :biggrin_2556:

AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I'm not sure what your asking. are you asking about dirt work, trucking or Kingman or all of it? I'll just tell what I can about this area.

Why do you want out of Vegas? I lived there from 2003 to 2005. Personally I hated it. It was a theiving, dirty, **** hole. Filled with 'diversity which is perversity' as Micheal Savage say's. Looks like a foreign country, actually looks like the city of Babal might have looked. You know the city in the bible. It's just plain sickening to me.

Just so happens that Rhodes Homes was just approved yesterday by the county board of supervisors for his developement here in Golden Valley. I believe the project is about 9,000 acres, but he owns much more all over here. Rhodes now has to get approval from Arizona Corporations Commission. After this he will probably continue his project.

Rhodes has all his earth moving equipment parked on hwy 68 the main hwy going through Golden Valley from Kingman 15 mi. east to Laughlyn 15 mi. west. I can see when he moves the equipment. The other day I saw them moving equipment. I have not seen any activity there in a year or so. If it means he's starting up again, I can't say. The dirt outfit is called Pinnecal. When they were working they supposedly had 75 employees.

Just to give you a little more info on the area, to help build your own picture of whats going on here, about 2 years ago Wal-Mart bought 145 acres for a distribution center on I 40 just south of Rhodes developement a couple of miles. Wal-Mart was going to hire 500-750 employees. My guess is that many would buy homes at Rhodes. Wal-Mart decided not to continue the project because the contractors wanted to much to build, so they said. This was when things were booming every where. Now costs have dropped but nothing more has been done. Although they did pay for their water connection, $250,000, just about 4-6 mos ago. Rhodes also owns thousands of acres all around this area too, on and around I-40. The area is called the Griffith Industrial Park.

what we may have is a relationship between Wal-Mart, Rhodes and the Hoover Dam Bridge. Hmmmmmm?

There was a rumor that an intermodle was going to be built in the Griffith area also. But it was just a rumor.

It seems to me that both companies are in no hurry to move there projects do to the economy. More importantly I'm guessing they are waiting for the Hoover Dam By Pass bridge to be complete.

They are also going to increase the size of the hwy from Hoover Dam, south about 14 miles to White Hills, AZ. There's nothing in White Hills but Rose's Cafe. There are lots for sale and a few manufactured homes. (Mardian owns 34,000 acres in this area and he has made improvements about $30 million in improvements, roads and wells). This project will be a major project. The area has alot of mountians the whole way which will require massive dirt moving and numorous bridges. I'm suprised your don't know about this project. They should be staring on this anytime now.

Prices have dropped all over the area which would be good for you if you can get a job.

Oh, one more thing. A copper mine is having a job fair today in Kingman. The mine is in the Chloride area just off of Hwy 93. I beleive they are paying around $20.00 an hr. Understand the wages run around $8-$17.00 in this area when hiring is going on. It is much cheaper to live here, houses are cheaper, land is cheaper, taxes seem to be half of what they are in Vegas and so cal. In vegas my taxes on a 300k house would have been around $300 a mo.. In Golden Valley I pay $364.00 a year on an $89,000.00 property. I'm guessing if one had a $300k house here they might pay around $1,200.00 a year, a considerable differance from vegas and so cal.

Update: I went to a job fair for the Mineral Park Mine/copper mine, yesterday and the construction company building there plant (a different company). They are hiring for entry level workers at the mine. The starting pay is $12.00 per hr. I don't know what the pay is for the construction company. I will find out if I can.

I've taken up to much space here. If you have more questions I'll try to help ans. them.

Hope this helps.

If you have

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Thank you sir, for providing that valuable information. :biggrin_25514:

I live in SoCal, and your estimation of taxes is pretty close to dead on correct.
    I also own property in Golden Valley -- right on the highway. They took an easement when they widened Hwy 68 -- and, to make it easier for me to locate my raw land -- they erected a sign that reads, "INSPECTION STATION ONE MILE."

I try to stay abreast of the goin' ons there, and your post has provided me with information I wasn't aware of, and I'd appreciate any other info about that area.

Your post has caused me to go
    Hmmmmmmmm
    Thanx again. :salute::salute::salute:

10. thestoryteller

thestoryteller Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Kern County, California
    So Shocky........ what did you do to poor old moonshadow???? :biggrin_25524:

I haven't had time to go back and read the earlier posts but he/she/it seems to be using you for target practice.............

wannna borrow my bullseye?......

I know you can handle it and maybe old moony might be able to be more focused if he had a specific point to aim at?

:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  11. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Coon Rapids, MN
    I'm sorry to hear a veteran is encountering problems like these. You would think that someone who was willing to drive a truck over roads infested with land mines in service to his/her country should be given a little bit consideration.

You have proven that you know how to drive a truck, that's for sure. It would be nice if the DOT would adpot some kind of testing that wouldn't require military personnel with a truck driving MOS to go through the training all over again. Maybe just some kind of written testing to show that you know how to fill out logs and things like that.

I don't know what the problem is with some of the people on this site, but I for one have a little bit of respect for the people who fought to keep our country free. It shouldn't be too much to ask for a guy who gets back home to be treated with the respect he has EARNED.

I would like to thank you for serving our country. You are a hero in my eyes, and I wish you the best.

(By the way, I was saying things like this to veterans way before 9/11 happened.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.