Schneider won't except AZ students, got any ideas

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mannmk7, May 6, 2008.

1. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    I know a little bit about Golden valley. Almost brought a double wide out there last summer. been thinking of moving out there for a while. Ran End Dumps out here for the last five years, but have been laid off since Jan. Been picking up side jobs. By dirt, I meant belly dump or end dump work.
    I know it may sound crazy but, I want to get back on the road. Ny wife will get her CDL at the end of June and we want to pack everything up and run the road. We're in our 50's and we figure the only way we are going to be able to afford our own place is go on the road and bank our money. In about five years we SHOULD be able to outright buy our home. Just can't see making high payments 15 years from now. But since I have "NO RECENT EXP." all of my road work was 20 years ago. Then I ran for 13 years. So it's been hard to find a company to not only take me, but my wife and dog too. But I won't stop looking. Thanks for the info on Golden Valley.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I'm glade the information I wrote up was helpful to you. I seem to recall you may have asked me about the area before; somebody did. I forgot to get back to you or them.

I thank you for the "Thanks" you gave me. How did you give me the thanks so that I can thank people for their comments. Oh, and how do you get the little "green dots".

I go by the "INSPECTION STATION ONE MILE" sign all the time. When did you buy that lot.

Read you later

:biggrin_25520:

4. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.

Im close in Laughlin, NV..:biggrin_25520:

5. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    So where are you at in your thinking now? I'm not clear on what your doing. Are you leaving vegas and going to Golden Valley? Are you going on the road, otr. Or are you trying to get on with end dumps?

I just went to a job fair for Mineral Parks Mine, and a contractor building their plant, this may well be a HUGE project. They may need people like yourself. Pinnacle has the dirt work for Rhodes.

As for high payments, a house at $90,000.00, (most houses out here are manufactured homes), on an acre or two may cost about $500.00-$650.00 a mo. plus taxes etc. Even at the $12.00 per hr. starting pay, the mine is paying a person should be able to afford this. ($12.00X160 hrs= $1,920.00 a mo. leaving a person $1,250.00 to $1,300.00 a mo.) I guess the reason their starting pay is low is because the cost of living, (property is cheap around here), is low.

I hope this is helpful.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Hi dragonmatrix,

Ya, your right next door, over there. How you doing there in Laughlin.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Sir, I doubt you know just HOW helpful your information is, or how grateful I am that you posted it.
    I'm a firm believer in prayer, and your post just might have been an answer to same.
    That's possible.
    I've asked several of the posters here from in and around that area for information and some have replied with whatever information they have --- but NONE so complete as your information. I'm very thankful and impressed, and I'm thinkin' better late(er) than never. :yes2557:

Funny you should ask about the new "Thank You" feature.

Just this morning, I asked one of the Staff (Brickman) the same question about the "Thanx" feature. He told me to wing it and just experiment. And, if I hit the wrong button, my computer would blow up, so I'd know that was the wrong button to have pushed.
    It's twue!
    It's twue!

Ok, down in the lower right corner you'll see a "Thank you" symbol. When you click on it on the post you want to thank someone for, it magically appears.
    Ahhhhh, the marvels of technology.
    You deserved it! :yes2557:
    Green dots are awarded by clicking on the balance scale symbol in the upper right. You'll then have an "approve" or "disapprove" box to check. The "approve this post" box is usually already checked by default -- but check to be sure first, or you'll ding someone with a red dot.
    Also, there's a "comment" section for you to use. I hope you will take advantage of that so the poster will know exactly what you liked about their post. That really helps.

No kiddin'?
    Is my property still there? :biggrin_25523:
    That land was purchased about 45 years ago, when there was very little in Kingman. I remember my first trip there, and all I remember is the rocks, the big locomotive in the park, and Andy Devine, a cowboy sidekick on early B&W television.

What a difference now!

I'm lookin' to get the hail outta California, and have been thinkin' about Santa Rosa, New Mexico -- where I have 16 acres. But I'd sure consider Kingman in a heartbeat if the opportunities are there.
    Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Again, thanx for the information you've provided. :biggrin_25514:

8. dragonmatrix

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.

Good hows the valley? Have a co-worker that lives up there....Use to live there back in 90s. Sure has changed alot since then

9. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    It sure has!
    I made a quick pass-through your area about a year ago -- and was amazed at what I saw.
    Who'da thunk that would happen?
    Build and they will come.
    Next thing ya know, it'll be another Big City.
    Imagine that.

I think they call it "progress".
    I can't type what I think it is,
    I'd be banned from here pronto. :biggrin_25525:

10. dragonmatrix

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.

yeh, didnt have so many houses, whats funny alot of the old businesses are still there like "the whatever shop" Looks like a bunch of junk outside..

11. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Ahhhhhhh.................
    sounds like MY kinda place. :biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.