US Xpress school is joke

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Unemployed33, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Unemployed33

Unemployed33 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Went to there school in Hazelwood Mo and the amount of training is a joke. Instructors don't know how to teach. All they do is stand in front of the truck point and wave their arm as to which direction to turn wheel. As for company my recruiter will not ansewr or return my phone calls none of other recruiter will either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yep that sounds about right for a trucking school.....wait til you get out with a trainer...they'll add curse words with the waving and pointing

x1Heavy and Bakerman Thank this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Welcome to trucking. Same stuff in many other aspects. :)

Bakerman and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have a cdl now?
    Where is your location?
    You can do better than USX.

snowmantrucking101 Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    some even use police whistles.

i (many years ago), saw a JB Hunt trainer. standing tall and with his fat belly hanging over his belt buckle.

he was watching a student having a hard time backing and as he pulled forward, he'd hit the yellow bollards, surrounding a fire hydrant on the property.

not once did that SOB blow the whistle, he just "allowed" the student to continually run into those bollards. (this was when they had an all cabover fleet).

i suspect he told the company the student was no good.

to me, he was a lousy trainer for at least NOT stopping him, and ordering him to GOAL.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That just shameful....I saw a Schneider trainer do the same thing. He was complaining to another driver about how lousy his student was. Then the trainer complained to me...I asked him he minded that I help his student. I told the student that his trainer screwed him up from jump because his setup was wrong. Even though he got in the whole, I had told him to stop. I told him that had to hop his arse out of there and go look at his blind side. The idea is to teach students where the trailer is supposed to be at each point of backing. So many trainers are just looking for double the money by team driving

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    as i am reminded of that incident, i have actually wondered if maybe the trainer was fed up with his student. maybe he had told him in the past to GOAL, and maybe the student was head strong and said, "i got this".

or maybe the trainer just didn't like being a trainer? and the company asked him to help them with a student or 2 for extra monies.

all i can say is that in all reality, there are good trainers/mentors, and there are richard heads.

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That is just a small part of the training you will receive.
    Learn your pretrip and enough to pass the road test to get your CDL, then when you go out with a trainer try and learn how to safely operate a truck, learn the Qualcomm, trip planning and logging.
    If you cut the attitude there is a ton of information you can learn in the next 6 weeks, you can be a great accident free driver if you want.

bryan21384 and Lab work Thank this.
  10. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    This school wouldn’t be MTC would it? Bottom Rd. address right off 270 by McDonnell Douglas BLVD?

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Fast forward to your very first load to anytown usa, Police Chief standing on your fuel tank sputtering really butchered one syllable words in a profane way you can understand asking you if you know what red means?

Don't do what I did.

Bark back saying of course I know what red means, why are you holding up commerce to explain that basic lesson to little old me?

Chief turned colors I did not think possible followed by a number of vessels showing strain in his neck and head. It's amazing how some people get that way. They really need to take some time off.

HE HE HE... /TEASING.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.