Schools in Orlando

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Cverzosa5, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Cverzosa5

Cverzosa5 Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Fastenal is a great company to work for but I know longer work for them and the terminal in Orlando you would already need to have your CDL to be hired. You don’t need experience to join just need to have your CDL. But if you are looking for part time work my current company is hiring for part time dock workers. You could do that while you go to cdl school. It’s a LTL company. You will already have your foot in the door and transition into a driving position and start making good money and be home every day without having to be over the road. AAA Cooper is the company. They do team driving Linehaul driver and city p&d. I’m a linehaul driver and home every day. Just a suggestion. I think their dock workers make like $18 an hour or something like that. Easy work though.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    Ok cool what's the company called?

5. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    AAA Cooper

6. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
  7. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Ok cool. I just started with them and I make way more money with them than I did with as an OTR Driver but then again you gotta put in your time starting out but getting your foot in the door as a dock worker you can go through their dock to driver program. All LTL companies have them. Check all the other ones out as well. Estes, Saia, FedEx Freight, I believe Chinatown mention Southeastern. Old Dominion isn’t hiring right now. The good thing about going through the dock to driver program is the company pays for your cdl. You don’t have to. So in your interview if you mention you want to become a driver their eyes will light up lol.

8. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    Ok great I'll definitely do that

9. senelcoolidge

senelcoolidge Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    central florida
    I went to TDI in Sanford. Just pass the test. You're going to learn to pass that test that's about it. It's a quick 3 weeks. I graduated this past November. Just get your CDL and the jobs will come in time.

10. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    Ok cool I'll be there Monday got any tips or advices

11. senelcoolidge

senelcoolidge Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2018
    central florida
    Just give it your all. You probably already know how to back a trailer and drive a 10 speed, I don't know. Just get everything down for that test. The teachers are alright if you talk to them. They can be frustrating at times. Eat and sleep truck driving for those 3 weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.