Screw loves and their mandatory mask #### . Another 1 bites the dust.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by maninthemoon1, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Yep

Go spray Imron or Awlgrip without a proper mask and ventilated booth.

I had a guy working in a shop next door to mine back in the day.

He was restoring his 74 Corvette. Yea Why? Right

Anyways he wanted to spray it with Imron no matter how much I tried to talk him out of it.

Found him dead on the shop floor the next morning.

He closed the shop door to keep the mosquitoes out as he was spraying at night .

Isocyanate poisoning got him.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You have to always explain to people when they take a picture out of context. Another member already addressed it, but here you go. Read the entire thing and maybe you will be placated.

This is a genuine photograph of Fauci sitting in the stands during opening day of the 2020 MLB season. This photograph was taken by Alex Brandon and is available via The Associated Press with the following caption:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, center, smiles as he watches an opening day baseball game between the Washington Nationals and the New York Yankees at Nationals Park, Thursday, July 23, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

The above-displayed image was widely circulated on social media along with comments about how Fauci was setting a bad example or acting hypocritical by wearing a mask below his mouth and not social distancing, but the above-displayed picture may not be as “damning” as some are presenting it.

The woman on Fauci’s left is his wife, Christine Grady, and the man on Fauci’s right is a “close friend” of the NIAID director. This man was also described in a photograph from USA Today as one of Fauci’s “guests” at the event. In other words, the two other people in this photograph appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may reduce the need for social distancing in this instance.

It should also be noted that a water bottle can be seen directly in front of Fauci, and that the NIAID director and his guests are sitting outside. In many cities where restaurants and other businesses have reopened, people are allowed to remove their masks when they are eating or drinking. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also notes that outdoor activities, such as attending a baseball game in an open-air stadium, is safer than indoor activities.

The above-displayed photograph shows Fauci outdoors with his wife and a close friend while he was presumably drinking a bottle of water. Although wearing a mask at all times is certainly the safest option, it doesn’t appear that Fauci was acting contradictory to the recommendations offered by himself, the NIAID, or the CDC.

On July 24, Fauci was asked about this photograph during an interview on Fox News. Fauci said:

The other person is a very close friend of mine. John, I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around. I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself. And by the way, I was negative Covid literally the day before.

So I guess if people want to make a thing of that, I wear a mask all the time when I’m outside. To pull it down, to take some sips of water, and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous.

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    It's not a baby, it's a fetus. Stop spreading lies.

Jenn72 Thanks this.
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

LOL

Man, so much bickering and arguing. C'mon guys bring it in...6 feet apart though. Mask or not.
    Lets come together for a rousing rendition of..

Or maybe...

;)

Don't hurt me, it's all in good fun.

Sirscrapntruckalot - The real reason Canada has Corona under control...Social distance, or we'll beat you with a stick. I <3 Canada.
    [​IMG]

6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    That used to be 2 minutes for spearing... not anymore. :D

7. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I think the medical field learning how to treat it has played a role in that.

I don't get involved in political issues. I look at what we know and act accordingly.

Qbf594 Thanks this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Lol agreed, but even if you have a good mask, you need to be fit-tested for it. No sense having a leaky N95.

9. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Tell my daughter she “just a fetus” she was 12 hours away before being murdered till the mother agreed to the adoption. She will strongly disagree that she was “just a fetus”

10. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Have you heard the news, Mr. Fauci was seen with not wearing one over his mouth and nose. I guess even the top expert in the country thinks they are stupid. Just something to calm down the masses?

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Take the abortion discusion to politics

djsinco, ZVar, Muskie and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.