Screw loves and their mandatory mask #### . Another 1 bites the dust.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by maninthemoon1, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    "To save lives" was the only reason I heard from most of the tyrants what was the others?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I dont need to convince you because there is no convincing you. You've made up your mind on how you feel about this. I am also not going to convince you because you're debating skills need work. You zeroed in on one category.....young people in their 30s. Not all the other categories your data provided. You zeroed in on one category and that tells the story in your mind, so why waste the time. I got hungry in this thread. I'm at the Flying J. I think I want a pizza...

4. Mid-May Trucker

Oct 23, 2018
    My graphs have multiple age groups and my first argument was that mainly old people will die okbound post link to 30 year old dying as that was any proof that mainly young people will die and I showed proof that i was right then the age of the graph got criticized i provided newer graphs and it still got criticized.
    If you show me data that many working people and possible parents will die then you will prove my original point wrong.

5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Of course to save lives is the ultimate goal, but that was not the only reason. The primary focus early on was to flatten the curve--to reduce the potential immediate and significant stress on the healthcare systems. "Save lives" is pointless if the hospitals are full of sick people who are going to recover, but take up all the resources. Slowing the economy, having people work from home, reducing unnecessary travel and interpersonal engagement distributed the speed and spread of the virus within communities over longer time periods allowing hospital staff to better manage their case load.

There were few knowns and a lot of unknowns when this began. While a vast amount has been learned, there is still lots more to discover. It is the combination of factors that had--and have--the medical community spooked.

6. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Mask argument sounds a lot like the elog argument.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Go for the BBQ Brisket pizza if they still have it-that is the shizzznite!!!lol

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
  9. Mid-May Trucker

Oct 23, 2018
    150k dead times 19 is 2.8 million so 2.8 million of the 4 million americans that have gotten it have been hospitalized
    70% rate
    Sounds about right
    And 2.6 million have permanent lung damage which is 68%
    Sounds about right

10. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Rule number 1, anybody who's never met me yet claims to care about me I immediately label a liar for life.

Dale thompson, AModelCat, ZVar and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Empathy is pretty core to what makes us Human. We can care enough about not harming others to wear a mask and reduce the chance of it without "caring about you" specifically.

tinytim, mjd4277, calnca and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.