Sealed bottle of alcohol in the cab?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tornan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. rockee

rockee Road Train Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pacific Northwest
    Just because you were not cited does not mean it's legal

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    There's a difference between "not illegal" and "you should have bought a lottery ticket".

fancypants Thanks this.
  4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Just because the cop didn't want to mess with writing a ticket doesn't mean that it is not illegal. I have driven past a cop over the speed limit. Just because he didn't want to pull me over and give me a ticket doesn't change the fact that he could have.

outerspacehillbilly and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee

So you add blue food coloring to the corn likker?

6. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    You got lucky or the DOT guy is blind as a bat.

Jsut because he writes that many tickets a day, doesn't mean $%^&^! DOT guys never lie either..........

If I owned a truck and found out you were doing that, you'd be unemployed.

Better hope you never get in a wreck with that beer in your truck.............

7. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

No doubt. Most of the years I have spent out of trucks I have spent in some kind of service, often HVAC. Often you are allowed to drive your service truck home. I sometimes see service guys at the end of the day at the liquor store. Legal or not. Accepted by your company or not. When you are in that uniform you represent the company and the industry. When you're in that truck you represent that company and that industry. I would let them go for tarnishing my company image even if they didn't open it until they got home. Is it worth the liability risk to take a chance in a commercial vehicle?

What about having pride and being professional? What about protecting and building the image of your company and your industry? If I were to stop at the liquor store, I would change my shirt and park in the lot next door. This may be a little different situation I am talking about but the concept of being proud and professional can and should be applied to whatever we choose to do.

When I got my start in trucking more than thirty years ago, trucking was quite a bit different or I just don't remember right. I see drivers saying there have always been these homeless looking people in trucking. I know we remember the best and forget the worst that is how we keep our sanity. What I remember are hard-working proud guys that would do anything for you. Guys that were not very tolerant of idiots driving trucks. We ran too hard and made mistakes but we soon learned our personal limits.

Yes, I was an independent and hung with the same. However we ran many a nights with company drivers who were proud of who they were and what they did. The only difference in most were the company owned the truck. I didn't see trucks with trash falling out of them. Sure we gave Temple and Shaw drivers a hard time but most were good hands proud of what they were doing and their attitude, appearance and truck showed it.

I think it is so sad what an industry that I love and find calling my name again has come to. The way drivers are viewed and treated is absurd. Unfortunately, many less than desirable drivers have brought this upon us. It is high time we as drivers do things to gain respect instead of acting out of anger, doing what is easy or makes us feel good.

If we can get past the lack of personal responsibility and the sense of personal entitlement that runs rampant in our society, we can be the best at what we do and gain the respect we deserve.

On a positive note, I see many regulars on this forum that make me proud and bring pride to their profession. I hope some day soon I will meet them on the road, run with them and be able to call them my friends.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    Giorgio Thanks this.
  8. Christensen

Christensen Light Load Member

May 24, 2011
    West Palm Beach, Fl.
    This is a weird question...But i know a few guys who have a few beers in thier fridge, for after a long day...is that illeagal as well?

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Reading comprehension issues?

10. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Go read the regulation. There is no legal amount! Any alcohol (thanks to the bible thumpers) qualifies and must be manifested.

11. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Id give you my cousin #, but dout he'd like that to much, he lost his licence( cdl) for a year, because he stopped a bought a bottle of wine for my aunt for her birthday, went into a poe on the south end of LasVegas,Nv, got a level 1 inspection and they saw the wine.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.