Sealed bottle of alcohol in the cab?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tornan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Depends on which State....WI, MN, CA, NY, OR, WA, UT, OH, CT, RI, TN, TX....I stopped researching at this point....but these States and probably others do not allow the carrying of alcohol in a CMV unless the alcohol is on the manifest, and the vehicle is registered and permitted to transport alcohol.

The vehicle can be OOS as well as, and also it would not depend on which driver was attempting to operate the vehicle....the vehicle OOS means the vehicle can't be operated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Can you provide a link to any one of those state restrictions? Thanks.

That should be obvious... if the vehicle is OOS it cannot be moved until the condition causing the OOS order is corrected.

The fact that a driver is OOS, but not the vehicle may lead some drivers to assume that because thay are not operating the CMV in a commercial capacity that they may operate it as a personal conveyance. That would be a false assumption.

4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Thanks for the legwork and correction, LnF. I didn't have time to go dig...

5. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE

I always used to figure the same thing, laugh at ppl always wondering where the bears are, etc. That all changed last month- Broke down cause of stoopid low coolant sensor, trooper pulls up behind me, calls a tow and decides it's a good time to inspect truck. After a log review, he decides I'm running drugs, because i go from iowa to dallas(that mexico /dallas border is a real smugglers den after all!) to denver, then DH back to iowa. I figured I had nothin to hide and signed a consent... 2 hrs later after putting my HANDGUNS back where he found them, he slaps on the iron bracelets and takes me in for CCW...for a couple of my knives that were in a box on top bunk buried under clothes and who knows what else.

6. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    I keep blank BOL forms in my truck, fill them out and deliver to myself. works great!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.