Searchlight, NV to Mountain Pass, CA

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by gekko1323, Mar 22, 2023.

1. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I understand. I've been through there many times and have had no problems. But that was BEFORE. The new law concerning trucks older than 2010 kicked in this year. And like I said previously, CARB is on the warpath. So I feel it is best not too poke the bear. I'd rather just stay away from his cave.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    How does California get away with passing laws on interstate commerce even though its specified that only the feds have jurisdiction?

gekko1323 Thanks this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I agree ... if nothing else it's a pain in the butt ...

Mnmover99 and gekko1323 Thank this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    They’re not passing laws on interstate commerce. OOIDA tried that argument and lost in court.

Mnmover99 and gekko1323 Thank this.
  6. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    This talk of bypassing the scale reminds me of "timing the scale" at the Banning "Super Coops"---even when I was totally compliant in every way, waiting in line at that scale burned WAY too much time. So I'd jump off at that last exit just prior to the scale, roll up and get turned around so I was parked near the ramp, with a view of the sign out on I-10 telling drivers to either pull into the scale or drive on by (as the ramp to the scale was already full). Usually there'd be one or two other truck drivers doing the same thing, just waiting for the sign to turn so we all could roll down our own ramp and hit the big road... this was usually done at night, I should add. We'd blow past that scale and there'd be over two dozen trucks waiting in line... we figured the 5 or 10 minutes spent jumping off, getting turned around & waiting for the sign to change was time well-spent. :rolleyes:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.