Seasoned driver and Marine Corps veteran.

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Rkrmr1963, Oct 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rkrmr1963

Rkrmr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Fort Worth Texas
    I have driven a truck roughly 12 years. 8 years in the United States Marine Corps and four years out here over the road. I have a clean record everything is clean no accidents no moving violations no substance abuse violations no anything violations. I can crank out over 3,000 Mi with ease.

I would like to find a company preferably small but we can talk if it's larger. With this last company that I was with my take home after taxes was roughly $2,000 to 2300, and I would like to stay in that area just because of bills and such.

If you want to driver that will run his ### off for you I'm that person. If you want to driver that will sit and be okay with not running miles that's not me. I run hard I have never been late by anything that I can control, in other words weather unexplained accidents shippers loading you late those are things I can't control. I also have a letter of reference for my last company. The reason I am no longer with them is they were not able to keep me on board due to financial reasons within the company.

Let me close by saying if you hire me on you won't be disappointed I will crank out the miles and make you money and make me money. I'm not ####y I'm just very confident in what I know how to do.

My phone # 817-888-0247
    My residence is Tyler Texas

Thank you in advance for considering me,

Richard Johnson

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    If you were making over $2,000 take-home with your last company, why did you leave?

4. Rkrmr1963

Rkrmr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Fort Worth Texas
    Read the bottom of the Third paragraph. It clearly states why I am no longer with the company

5. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    That's a clue. In the current market, a company driver cannot make that amount without the business going under, as the rates don't support it anymore.

6. Rkrmr1963

Rkrmr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Fort Worth Texas
    I disagree. If the driver is willing to hustle and the company is willing to hustle you can make it. The company that I just worked for was a small company two to three trucks which limited them from being able to get Contract work dedicated work cuz you need a certain amount of trucks. So when the market was good they were able to grab a great loads and I can make a ton of money for them Market went down he couldn't grab great loads. If you never ask for what you would like to have you will never receive what you would like to have

7. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Disagree all you want, but the current market doesn't support that wage. The current market average rate in the south central region (where you reside) is only $2.02/mile. The average cost per mile to operate a truck is $.55 fuel, $.40 Maintenance, $.18 insurance, and $.30 fixed overhead (compliance, etc.). That's already $1.43, and is factoring a paid-off truck. If there are payments to be made, that's another $.40.

So I'll give a paid for truck. In this scenario, $1.43 average off rates of $2.02 leaves $.59 to break even. Say the owner wishes to make a slim 3% profit... now there's $.53 remaining.

So $.53/mile... in order to break $2k/week, you would have to run 3,774 miles. For $3k, you would have to run 5660 miles. And that's pre-tax math.

Add about 30% to make these numbers work post-tax. 4906 miles to bring home $2k/week. Not happening in today's market.

So as I said, disagree all you want. The math doesn't lie.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    pavrom Thanks this.
  8. Rkrmr1963

Rkrmr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Fort Worth Texas
    The math seems sound. I'm not looking to just run in the south region I will run over the road anywhere and everywhere so you have to factor in the markets every place not just in one spot. I said in my posting I would like to stay in that ballpark never said it was a deal breaker never said that I wouldn't go less, I just said that I'd like to stay in that area.

I appreciate all your information, but I have to ask. Do you just go and scroll through all these posts and reply because I've seen your responses to a lot of post. How much time do you have on your hands? Way more than I do apparently.

And just an FYI on average right now I run somewhere between 3200 to 3500 miles per week

9. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Current rates by region:

West $2.10
    South Central: $2.02
    Midwest: $2.34
    Northeast $1.96
    Southeast: $2.03

Its a bloodbath out there, and why your last company let you go. It was either that, or a massive pay cut.

As for me, I am now an office hermit who likes to check in when I have a moment or two of free time... like right now, I am closing everything out for the day and about to go pick up my son. Earlier, I had printed some large reports and was waiting on them to finish. I used to live in here, as I was the assistant to recruiting for this company, but now I am the Driver's Services Manager and Safety Director.

10. Rkrmr1963

Rkrmr1963 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Fort Worth Texas
    Like I said before your mass seems correct and I understand it's a bloodbath I'm not an idiot out here a newbie driver that doesn't know anything about the market or what have you. I never said that the pay was not negotiable and I never said it was a deal breaker. Thing is if you never asked for what you want you'll never get what you want. There are more ways to get where you want to be negotiation is always key in communication. Driving a lower rate as the market gets better so does the pay right. That's an option. I never said my company couldn't pay me because of the market well because they couldn't get good loads, I said that it was due to financial reasons it is not my place to go into and to put out into the internet their financial reasons for taking a step back.

All I'm doing is putting out there if there's any company that would like to have a driver that will run his backside off for each and every load that will run all the miles that you can give as hard as you can possibly think. I even have a letter of recommendation from a company I just was with and they did that voluntarily I didn't ask

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.