Seat belts....do you always "buckle-up for safety"

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Tonythetruckerdude, May 21, 2014.

1. Bwbibb

Bwbibb Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2016
    They guy that taught me said and I'll never forget it. It's hard to drive lying on the floor ain't it. Mean if for some reason the worst happens you need your butt to stay in the seat

JReding and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Doing great PattyJ, waiting for the loads to pickup for the season, reminds me too much of 2009. With the new format of TTR I seem to loose more folks I use to see more often.
    On the wreck in WI, they were thrown from the car. I not going to say all wrecks are an ejection, but I know of 2 recent ones that killed 15 year old girls. One girl was in the car with 4 others, all unbuckled and she was the only one killed.

With grandkids, the older we get, the more wary we are I think.

Lepton1 and pattyj Thank this.
  4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Driving around the city delivering food where its 25mph not so much but as soon as I hit the big road its on

5. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    First day of high school Sr year my best friend had a head on collision at about 80. Lost his left leg from the knee down and left arm from the elbow. No brain injuries thank god, Being a body builder saved his life

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. revmup

revmup Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2016
    I always buckle up. I cant imagine what my family would feel like if an officer showed up at the door and told them id be coming home if I"d just wore my seatbelt...its a no brainer. So easy to do, a slack adjuster so I don't even know its on.

NavigatorWife and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  7. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Your driving down the road with your kids in car and get t-boned from the right, how do you control the car and avoid a head on in other lane when your schmooshed up against passenger door crushing your kid? You should wear it for other people being you don't care about yourself obviously. What about the person you head on because you're not behind he wheel to control vehicle anymore? i love my kids more to care about protecting them even if it inconvenienced me, I guess.

NavigatorWife and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. revmup

revmup Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2016
    A trucker in our area got t-boned by a car that ran a red light and hit him on the left steer tire. The trucker wasn't wearing his belt, therefore was ejected out of the drivers side and was run over by another car and killed. Had he been buckled, he may have had a sore shoulder and left side because there was really not a lot of damage to his rig. Sad, and so easily preventable.

NavigatorWife, walstib and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.