Secret power inverter install in a company truck?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Count FurFur, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Exactly.... we have two Orientation Sessions each and every week... refrigerator, inverters, bunk heaters... and a pet/rider policy too.

Ya, let’s not be trash talking our respected Brothers and Sisters in the Garbage Haulers... lol

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Everyone complains that 10 hours is too much. Use that extra time to build that cooking fire! :)

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    One thing to keep in mind. The folks at your shop know what appliances won't run on a 300 watt inverter. Seeing those in your truck is a dead giveaway that they need to dig deeper.

5. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Why not just go work for a company that will provide for your comfort?
    Stop working for these nickel and dime outfits.

kemosabi49, MidWest_MacDaddy and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Should I run that by Safety first??? :rolleyes:

homeskillet Thanks this.
  7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    A TV will run on that 300 watt inverter. The lunch box stove works pretty well. You can heat up precooked leftovers in 30 minutes. Truck stops have microwaves as well. I run 3 day out and backs and bring my food precooked from home.

8. Matt43324

Matt43324 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    i dont trust truck stop microwaves. truckers are disgusting, hard telling how many 2 day old road kill meals blew up in the microwave lol. just play dumb, yeah i thought the 170w inverter would work so i bought a microwave and installed it only to find out it doesnt and never got around to removing it lol. just stop asking questions and do what you need. worse they can do is fire you. you can get abother job in a day or so

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It only takes a couple seconds to fire it up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Our company has trucks with APU's. Trucks they get in that don't have them (they lease from two different companies) before they get assigned, their resident tech install guy, puts brand new inverters in. They talk about idling bonuses, but they cont care if you idle the truck. We do a lot of running in LA, MS, TX and they know how humid it can get.

Matt43324 Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Get an inverter & install heavy-duty alligator clamps like with jumper cables. After you leave the yard connect your inverter. Before you return to yard stow the inverter. The key to not burning your truck down because of your inverter is using short & thick battery cables to connect to the batteries. If anything goes wrong, you'll lose your job and be buying a burned up tractor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.