Self Driving Trucks are Coming

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scottied67, Jun 11, 2019.

1. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Well self driving trucks are testing now , and trust me as soon as democrats will take over white office, all this megas will looby their ##### off to put self driving trucks on a road .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I’m thinking about running for the white office myself. If a reality TV star can win, who knows. Biden would be hilarious though.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Lets not get this thread moved to the politics fourm please. Let's keep it to how somewhere between tomorrow and the heat death of the universe self driving trucks will come out.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Np doubt, leave the politics out of it, most especially out of robotic trucks, what a freaking wreck that would be.

6. WildTiger1990

Apr 21, 2015
    I understand your concerns but, isn't politics creating HOS regulations, and allowing self driving truck to take over us drivers, no?

7. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I would imagine the trucking companies and associations along with big tech companies have more to do with it than politicians.
    How are you putting hos into the same basket as self driving trucks?

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No.
    I mean of course it is. Thing is in America there is little difference in which party is on charge. They both create good and bad laws. Let's focus on the good and bad laws and not on which side of the same coin is making the laws. It always turns into a troll fest in any fourms.
    Keep to specific policies and not which color is making the current policy, because as sure as the sun will raise tomorrow, the other color will do something stupider to top it. Then the other color will..... Well I hope you get my meaning.

9. WildTiger1990

Apr 21, 2015
    Well maybe not HOS, but ELDs, that for sure. Think about it. ELD companies getting money for thier service, large companies trying to beat small outfits who have problem with paying for ELD devices , and cause that can't "cheat" anymore , they need to look for more expensive loads... So yeah one way or another politics involve in everything:)

10. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Somebody lobbied the politicians though, they did not come up with the eld idea on their own. The trucking industry was behind them. Just look right here on this site, many think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Right, when your robot sorting mail ####s itself, you get mail in the wrong box. A self driving truck ####s itself, you'll end up with dead people, tell me which one is going to be mothballed quicker?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.