Self-driving trucks are done :D One of the executives left Uber

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Brucely, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    They are not going to give up on self driving trucks. It may not be in our lifetime, but it will b a reality

Brucely Thanks this.
  4. Brucely

Feb 19, 2018
    lol. i dont really care about the lifetime of anyone born after me XD. As long as i can be a trucker and not have to worry about robot trucks. It's fine.

...totally different story if they can transform into crime-fighting robots during/after a haul to replace police enforcement, though... then I'd be one of the people inside the robot and wouldn't mind a wage cut :D.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    The guy wasn't an engineer, he was business development and tied to the google/waymo lawsuit. My bet is the guy fullfilled the minimum time needed under the otto buyout, then bailed.

06driver and Brucely Thank this.
  6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    And in other news, a Tesla Model X crashed into a barrier last week in Commifornia, killing the driver. NTSB is investigating. For a car that is touted as super safe, it didn’t fair well. Also caught fire.

07103166-A5E1-4AB7-B1E4-01420E519392.jpeg

Brucely and 06driver Thank this.
  7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Id like to hear mr musk explain this one. They have any idea if it was on auto pilot or what happened? Or where the rest of the car went?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Brucely Thanks this.
  8. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I was really looking forward to self driving trucks putting the lazy left lane campers out of a job. Oh well.

Brucely Thanks this.
  9. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    AZ pulled Uber' permit to test. The California permit exp this Saturday, and Uber stated they were not going to reapply . They had already stopped testing in PA (I think). Have been saying , the poo would hit the fan with the first deaths. Who do you sue ? R2D2 ? The manufacturer? The owner ? Not going to replace the life , but it's a answer that has to be answered . The manufacturer starts seeing they are on the hook for muti million settlements each time this happens , this may be short lived?!? Owner has been open to this all along . Time will tell , and the courts will weigh in.

Brucely Thanks this.
  10. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Well I guess automated trucks are over.

Brucely Thanks this.
  11. Brucely

Feb 19, 2018
    WOW.... another self-driving fatality? That's 2 in like literally not even 1 month.

I honestly liked hte idea of self-driving CARS (not trucks). Cuz, like, as a teen you know you can't drive but u want to go to soccer, football games, and movies, and then out with your friends. And you know you can't always ask your senior/junior friends to drive u. And being driven by your parents is dumb -_-.

So I thought self-driving things would solve that XD haha... *watches them crash and burn* eh...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.