Self employed Owner Operator taxes

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Omega, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Back2theBasics

Back2theBasics Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2015
    My brother and I are planning on going o/o as an llc but I see many people going as corp... What is an s corp and in your own opinion do you think it's better than going llc? Any info is greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    This isn't the answer you are looking for, but it is best to have someone (accountant) look at what you are going to do, how you are going to do it and your present situation then they can explain to you the best way to go. I am not sold on the LLC thing, too much crap can happen and there is no protection of assets as many claim.

4. Back2theBasics

Back2theBasics Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Yea, we are still in CDL school and will be finishing up Dec 17th... From what I read it's best to start as a company driver and get experience under your belt before you dive into o/o... I've also been reading up on hauling cars but I don't want to get ahead of myself, were going to take it one step at a time but when the time does come to take the plunge I will def get some professional advice from an accountant who does trucker taxes.. thanks for the post

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.