Senate fails to pass concealed carry amendment

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Ten_Ken

Ten_Ken Bobtail Member

May 1, 2009
    Old Hickory,TN
    From what I understand, that states that has a conceal carry law will have to respect the permits for other states. Kind of like a driver license when you drive through other states. But you have to respect that state's rules and regulations when carrying a concealed weapon i.e. restriction of places that serves alcohol,parks and private businesses that has weapons restrictions. Kind of like when you cross over from Nevada to California and the speed limits drops.
    As of now alot of states recognize other states permits. You can find out here at Handgunlaw.us, click on the box by your state and a map will show up of the states that honors your states CCW permit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Local Man Sentenced For Pulling A Gun In Argument Over Newspaper
    more here >> Local Man Sentenced For Pulling A Gun In Argument Over Newspaper

4. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    See, there go the gun shots again...less that 1 minute ago...

bang bang bang bang bang....

Every night, never fails...

5. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    hey when seconds count the police are only minutes away.....

I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment but do not carry in my truck (as I go to canada and you can imagine the problems that causes)....

the news portrays us responsible gun owners as cowboys with itchy trigger fingers...when really we are not...its really the bad guys that get guns through less scrupulos means that cause the issues and shoot up everything...what is also funny is that politicians think that bad guys will adhere to gun laws...:biggrin_2559: I say we should all be allowed to carry either concealed or open...imagine the drop in violent crime and crime in general if everyone was packing....

.45 ACP why shoot twice??

lonewolf4ad and Joescheppae Q Thank this.
  6. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    The NRA is the largest gun control organization in the world. Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a far better organization. The problem with permits of any kind is that it takes a right and makes it a priviledge. Permit=permission, there is nothing about permission in the second amendment. Our rights are unalienable and predate the Constitution. Getting our government to respect them is another matter. Sen. John Thune pays lip service to gun rights, but I've had dealings with his office on the matter of 2nd amendment issues and he hasn't been able to help me at all. He won't even commit to a position for me on my issue. He's a Senator from SD not ND.

7. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    That's cool for everyone to carry if you like live in rural Idaho or rural North Dakota...
    But where I live that wouldn't be such a good idea...or maybe it would in that alot of trouble makers would eliminate themselves...

Nah...in urban areas that just wouldn't work...to many mentally ill folks, addicts, alcoholics...it just wouldn't work in certain areas...it would be chaos...

In rural areas maybe...in urban areas, nah...

But even so what about Militia groups, both urban and rural types, who might feel carrying a gun gives them the 'power' to bully others?

Todays society is to vast and complex for everyone to carry openly...

8. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    Here in Pennsylvania, persons 18 years of age and older whom are not prohibited by law from owning firearms may openly carry a handgun in plain sight with no license except in vehicles*, cities of the first class like Philadelphia and where prohibited specifically by statute. I never carry openly except while hunting or up at camp.

The best part about PA law is that carrying concealed in establishments that serve alcohol is allowed. I know that the New Valley Tavern won't ever get robbed cause just about every mofo in there is strapped.

9. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    The thing is the government only likes to use certain parts of the constitution...IE the 1st amendment...but they keep forgetting about that 2nd ammendment... which gives the citizen the ability to protect all the other parts of the constitution.... without the Second amendment there would be nothing to protect us from those that would impose tyranny...the problem now is the government is heading that way..too #### fast..(god help the USA)...

10. BretStep

BretStep Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2011
    You can carry concealed in states that recognize your home states concealed carry license. Here is an interactive map of which states honor anothers permits. Click on your state.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.