Septic Hauling!!!!

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by volvodriver01, Dec 15, 2011.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I always thought hauling for septic tank companies would suck.......:biggrin_2559:

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    In the country I'm from there are 11 official languages.
    Poop is known in the Afrikaans language as "KAK".
    One guy who didn't have a good grasp of English had "Kak Suckers" in bold on the side of his suction trucks.
    His calling card read Kak sucking is our business.

volvodriver01 and aiwiron Thank this.
  4. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore

it should also be labeled Richard Head LLC or something:biggrin_2559:

aiwiron Thanks this.
  5. starmelt

starmelt Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Neither here not there
    I'm thinking of applying for a job as a driver for a porta john company. It's listed as a seasonal position, but ideally I'd like to get on as a full time employee. Do things slow down THAT much during the winter? Also, what is the pay typically like?

6. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Is there more to this job than just simply driving a septic truck? Besides pumping out the sludge, do you have to do anything else? Such as maintenance, repairs, installations, etc.? I'm asking because I have thought about applying at septic companies before. I don't know if I'd have a strong stomach for the job though. LOL

7. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    I really think I would suck at it.
    Seriously I don't think I could do it.
    If I had to to feed my family or something I would give it a go but I think I would have a hard time.
    Same for medical wast , it takes some self control.

8. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

As a CDL driver at the company I worked for MY job duties required me to drive the truck to a jobsite whether its residential or a business and find the septic tank(s). Some have above ground access and some you have to probe the ground until you find the lid. Dig up the lid and pump out the waste. Cover the tank back up and drive to where you dispose of the waste. The main pumper trucks are class B trucks with 3,000 gallon tanks. When we fill our 6,500 gallon tanker up we pull it to the city's sewer treatment plant. All companies pay different. On average I have seen small local guys paying $10/hour up to $20/hour.
    Now on the port a potty side of the business I have seen pay anywhere from $8/hour up to $16/hour. It all probably depends on where in the country your at.

9. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Wifes grand father owns a septic business, so yes I've helped a couple times. I used to pick up trash and prefer septic over trash. :)

10. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    yep big time, less construction , parties, sporting events, etc.

11. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

Alot of your questions would have to do with the company you apply to. The company I worked for didn't want the liablity of a worker getting hurt while repairing a septic tank or installing. If your company doesn't have a digger bucket on the truck or send out a bobcat then you would have to do any digging up the lid by hand and shovel. Most lids are anywhere from 6 inches to 3 foot under ground. Hope you get one that has a riser and your job is alot easier. The smell really isn't bad as long as you don't put your face close to the tank. I would always go to work wearing a new car air freshener around my neck just in case.....

crb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.