[SERIOUS]Finally about to start my first job ,thanks for being here TTR and for all

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mcmanly, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I WAS being serious. Any time a young know it all comes on here and tells all how we are wrong about everything, I lose ALL respect for him. Deal with it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mcmanly

mcmanly Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    NE PA

WHen Have I ever acted like a know it all?Never thats when .

I'm assuming you're someone from that stab vs snub breaking where it turned out we were all talking about the SAME IDEA but you guys were using the WRONG TERM.

So we actually all both knew what to do correctly but you guys used the wrong term and refused to admit it was wrong ,this is what causes people to die.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Good luck with your first company but one thing i'd like to add is don't tell a veteran hes wrong.They know a lot more then the new drivers do.Problem with this industry is more new drivers think they know more then the old timers do and when it comes to training they don't listen.

dog-c Thanks this.
  5. mcmanly

mcmanly Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    NE PA

The thing is they ARE wrong , all state DMV's now list SNUB braking as the thing you do down steep hills.

Well they may have the right idea and know what to do, doesn't mean their up to date on the correct lingo for it since correct terminology is not part of their job .

6. Sik_Life

Sik_Life Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Saint Albans, WV
    Actually they don't but I don't think that thread was what people were referring too.

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Snub braking and stab braking is and means the same thing,look it up.No DMV will not dispute that.You're going to learn thruout your carreer not to make a federal case out of things.

dog-c Thanks this.
  8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    MCmanly you're like the only guy on this forum to have an attitude, and you dissed big Don old fart who has been driving since you were in diapers young man. Stab snub who cares bro? Get a red bull and chill. I would never diss a veteran and instead ask him or her for suggestions instead of being a northeastern PA woods weirdo that resembles Dwight from the office that is a part time beet farmer.

Dee1915 and pattyj Thank this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Everybody has there own term I call it fanning the brakes.It all means the same thing.

10. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS

He he already made an ### out of himself in another thread about gear selection and braking going down a steep grade. Of course he has no experience to speak of, but yet caught an attitude with others in the thread.
    without a doubt, he's about a weeks worth of solo experience away from being a super trucker.

KMac, bubbagumpshrimp and x#1 Thank this.
  11. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    That whole "learn from a veteran" stuff is kinda pointless. Unless it pertains to the last 5 years its outdated and useless information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.