Seriously? Guess things are getting cutthroat

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WrightTrucker33, Oct 19, 2021.

1. WrightTrucker33

WrightTrucker33 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Houston
    Got sent this alert from my company today, apparently guys are doing some down low things to trailers of the Mega’s. I understand the frustration of competing against behemoths but remember I’m just pulling this cheap freight until I can get my own company off the ground.
    -Stay safe TTR family

Attached Files:

jamespmack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

Nothing new, been going on since trucking started.

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Cuz Fakebook always has legit rumors. LOL :rolleyes:

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Two things ... first, not that it really happens that often, but why screw with another companies trailer. In the end you're not really impacting the company to any degree. But you will be making some otherwise innocent driver's day miserable. Maybe even impacting their career.

Second don't kid yourself. The megas don't haul cheap freight. They get just as much or more than anyone else on the premium lanes. But what they do that no one else does or likes to do is pull the cheap lanes. Why, because they have to service their large national accounts. Accounts that have locations where nobody goes or wants to go.

6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

From my understand, Swift JB hunt and other Mega’s don’t haul for less the $4 per mile on average.

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    That's a lot just to have some guy show up and mow over all of your bollards.

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Can't speak for today's rates ... but when I was running for Swift I tracked the rates on every lane I ran for 2 years. There were lanes where Swift was losing money after they paid me. Other lanes for the same account, they were making a killing.

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  9. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    That's normal. A big company will take the crap loads to get the sweet cream loads.
    All the driver knows is the load floats either way.

'88K100 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Just based on some conversations I have had. Some trailers are also being stolen. Then have the numbers painted over and used as storage buildings! I was recently part of a recovery at a local business that bought such a trailer! Most of these trailers were taken when loaded and once unloaded sold! It's estimated that at least 25% of all trailers used for storage are stolen!

Snailexpress and WrightTrucker33 Thank this.
  11. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Some people are scumbags. No matter how dirty a company does me I would never pull someone’s pin. People can die from that. But something also tells me it could also be a lazy rookie not checking if he high hooked and trying to save face by blaming someone else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.