Seriously need some suggestions for beginner tanker companies.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Count FurFur, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Count FurFur

Count FurFur Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2019
    regional for Schneider in the Southeast sucks. They'll send you all the way up North East driving through some crazy ### terrain in the mountains. They love to leave you stranded at operating centers. I was in the Houston OC for 4 days before an OSR got involved and raised hell with my DBL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Could you get another DBL?

4. Count FurFur

Jan 4, 2019
    Nope you're stuck with them. And these DBL's are very shady to. If they don't like you they will run their mouths to corporate behind your back and play stupid

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Someone up there needs three people now.

One to replace the idiot trainer that failed to adequately teach the now fired solo, another to write all those profusely tearful inked letters and a third to find people like you.

=) (Atlanta had a bad printer ink spill a while ago. I suppose no one cared it happened in the dark until the sun came up.

6. Count FurFur

Jan 4, 2019
    I will say this their recruiter sucks. This guy doesn't even bother to call you back and plays stupid every time you call him. I've heard this is a good company to work for but they're hiring process sucks.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Recruiters like those? Easy peasy peachy lying sqeezeball. (Hows that for a censor work out? tease...) what I do is use a enormous ledger pad. There used to be sold a gag kind made for kindergarten kids learning Phonetics. And it's 4 feet tall by 2 wide and a loupe for the writing instrument of your choice. I transfer everything the recruiter say the previous day in class orientation and have questions to ask. Haul the thing out and work over it work for word drilling down until the recruiter makes little "Shoo shoo gwan with that, we know all this" with hand movements.

When you see that, ask same why don't you give a #### enough about us new hires to make sure that we have accurate timely information when we ask you about your fine company, are you that bored and waiting to go home to fish today or something? (Most of us know not to fish in the dinner hour)

I only do this after deciding that company is not going to do well with me and it's time for me to leave. They wont forget me anytime soon.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I doubt CTL is going out of business. They're a division of Comcar, which is a huge company.

9. Count FurFur

Jan 4, 2019
    Several people here complaining about CTL probably doesn't realize that the industry with chemicals is a little slow. I know Schneider was pretty slow

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) has a terminal in Atlanta and hires new cdl grads.
    [​IMG]

11. Count FurFur

Jan 4, 2019
    I have no interest at all in driving a dry van thank you for your help though

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.