Seriously need some suggestions for beginner tanker companies.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Count FurFur, Mar 18, 2019.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    #### I was thinking about giving them a 2 week notice as I am getting ready to leave once my 6 months is up but if they going to tell me to just clean my truck, they can #### themselves.

It's not just Atlanta. They either hired too many people or their customer base dried up. I ran across a guy that was in my orientation class and he is going regional out of Reserve, LA...he said he is making $400 a week, WTF.

They do that because they hire a bunch of regional people but really they dont have the regional freight to keep them busy so they tell them either sit and making $65 a day or run up to Chicago or NJ. So basically they lie to get them in the door and give them an offer they can't afford to refuse.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Is the count FF on vacation.......

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    He's no longer a member.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    ???? Well we tried to help him not be financially ruined.

7. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    It does not make financial sense to spend all this money training people, only to lose them 3-4 months later. So why lie and tell these guys they are going to b regional knowing full well they don’t have the loads to support regional. They have to know that these guys are going to quit and find something else, 400 hundred dollars a week, I can get that collecting cans off the street

RussianBearTruckeR and slim shady Thank this.
  8. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    And they wonder why there’s a so called driver shortage~$400 a week is below poverty level my son made that much working part time a couple days a week washing cars at a local dealership wtf

9. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Well they have figured a way it makes financial sense to them. I am guessing these companies get government money to hire people off the street. They also dont give a crap if you leave or not.

10. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    They have a training department, they might as well use them. The trucks are all write offs. The labor cost changes upwardly only when they are running a truck. Which means making money. Pay somebody to do a move every 23 hours so you don't pay them 65 a day isn't that hard. Yet I met local driver's for them, SNI, that are happy doing tank work.

slim shady Thanks this.
  11. Number5

Number5 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You have to have patience if you expect to make it as a truck driver. The dispatchers (DBLs) don’t just start you off with regular top dollar loads, they have to find out that you can do the job, do it well, be on time, update your NAT, .......in short, be dependable. Sure, we’ve all had a crappy pay week now and then, but also, there’s the huge pay weeks, it’s like a roller coaster some times, but it all balances out, as long as you give it a chance.
    It can be tiresome listening to the guys who think unexpected problems should never happen to them. You have to be prepared to be flexible to whatever might happen each day. I stuck with it, though I was often frustrated with the unexpected. Every year here at Schneider Tanker (SNBC) is better than the last. I’m glad I didn’t give up. It’s the best job I’ve ever had. If you talk to all these guys who’ve been driving for them for 20-30 years, and ask them what the secret is, they’ll tell you. #### happens, you deal with it, you rest at the end of the day, you get over it, and you get up and do it again tomorrow. PEACE!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.