Service Transport Company

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Smut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Another split pay company.

maninthemoon1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Turbo Diesel

Turbo Diesel Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How are the Company Trucks set up ?
    Inverter/APU; Refrig/Micro ?
    Idling Policy?

4. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    They are all automatics, governed at 65mph, no apu, no fridge or microwave. I've been told most trucks have inverters in them. I bought my inverter but I already had the wires installed. I idle all night and they don't say anything.

Turbo Diesel Thanks this.
  5. Nsterns

Nsterns Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Rockport Texas
    @Smut how's it going? Are you still trucking out of the Corpus terminal?

6. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Yes sir, I just did a short run to Houston and I'm almost back at the yard. Have to do an engine regen.

Nsterns Thanks this.
  7. Nsterns

Nsterns Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Rockport Texas
    @Smut Glad to hear you are still trucking on. I have been cleaning up around here in Rockport and doing some volunteer work as I was able to pay bills but I am edging closer to have to go back to work full time. If it's still good for you at Service and they are still needing drivers I may be coming in to apply. I just want to make sure it will be a good fit for me and the company before I jump in. Thanks for the reply's Norm

Smut Thanks this.
  8. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Thanks. I passed through Rockport and that area on my way to Point Comfort recently. I couldn't believe the devastation. Its been really good for me lately. I've been runnin' good miles like a mad man and have been home for a 34 just about every weekend. I'm sure we will be needing drivers by the time you're ready to get back to it.

9. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Service Transport is a good company but they have a very high turnover. New drivers walk off in training or they last a little while.. When I worked there they literally hired people all the time and they last a few weeks and leave...they are a beginner company with ok equipment and paying split pay from what I heard some people are making less than when it was percentage. They advertise 1400 a week average but that’s no true. I tried everything to make that consistently but it seems to be close but not quite.

Smut Thanks this.
  10. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Were you out of Houston? Most of the drivers I talk to say they make more with mileage pay than percentage.

11. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Do all the trucks look like this, or was this just for show"
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.