Service Transport Company

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Smut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    They all look like that. Mid-roof Prostars, Volvos, and cascadias.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Mine looked like that it’s a 2015 prostar..I didn’t have any issues with regen. My old truck did I regenerate once a day or maybe twice. The trucks ore ok but then again mine was new... but hey either way I’m not there anymore they were nice to work with I had a great time easy loads and home when I asked and steady pay.

4. Juanthehumanoid

Juanthehumanoid Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Houston Tx
    How's service still treating you? Does out and back literally mean loaded to point and then back to terminal? When you get back you stay a day or 2? Or is is it out and then back and repeat? Curious for future refernce, thanks

5. Walt NJ

Walt NJ Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Wantage, NJ
    Absolutely agree. Not sure how many tank truck drivers know it, but the carrier bills the shipper on an "out and back" basis. So a trip of 1,000 miles is priced on returning empty (in excess of $3 per mile). If a backhaul is available so much better.

For the record. I purchased bulk transportation for several years for a LARGE chemical company I choose not to name. Loaded/Empty rates are pure BS. If van carriers can pay the same, tank carriers can too.

6. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Yea, maybe so. Im just a company driver.

7. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Just an update: I'm still here with Service. Made right over 62k for 2018. Had plenty of home time as well. They keep me moving and get me home. No complaints so far.

Tanker work is ##### great!

8. TexD

TexD Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Houston, TX
    How are things at Service Transport in 2019, Smut?
    I have an interview scheduled for the Houston Terminal. The terminal is literally right down the street from my house.
    Still out and back? How about the workload for 2019? Are they busy?
    How many days home between loads?
    I was told by a former employee that most runs out of Houston are 3 to 5 days out and back. Does that sound right?

Smut Thanks this.
  9. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Things are pretty good. The last 2 months freight had slowed down but it seems to be picking up and becoming steady again. Days at home is really up to you. I don't ever go home so I'm always at the Houston terminal (I'm from the Corpus yard) but it seems like you can be home 1 to 2 times a week easily. 3 to 5 days sounds correct. Some drivers like staying regional and some prefer longer otr runs. If you have a passport, there's always a good paying Canada load. That's about a 7 day run.

10. TexD

TexD Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Houston, TX
    Thanks very much. I'm brand new to this. So, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect and give my wife a realistic picture of how much she should plan on seeing me.

Smut Thanks this.
  11. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Hey, are you still w/ Service Transport? If so how's it treating you coming down toward the end of 2019? Any slow down?

I'm going to be finishing CDL school at Houston Community College and I want to get into regional tanker work and the only two tanker companies that I've seen so far that hire new CDL grads are Superior Bulk and Service Transport. Just curious if this would be a good place to work and if the company is still treating you good pay and home time wise?

Smut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.