Service Transport Company

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Smut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston

Still here. It's been slow for the most part since the summer with some occasional busy weeks. It's the slowest I've ever seen it but I'm sure it'll change and get busy some time soon. Other than that they are still very good to me.

I heard we weren't hiring but that's just word of mouth from another driver. You should apply and see what they say. I think Service is an excellent place to work, but from what I read on here, Superior sounds like the place to be. They pay a bit better than us and I imagine the hometime is probably identical for the most part. I don't think you can go wrong with either company.

You can make it home every few days here and can request regional loads if you want to. It's best to just take what they give you whether its local, regional, or long. It's all out and back work so you'll get some time at home after each run. Longest I've spent on the road running a load is 8 days and that was a Canada run.

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    I am getting the feeling that tankers as a whole no matter the company have been a rollercoaster this summer... seems like it doesnt matter what company is on your door everyone has said there up and down. Fuel excluded Obviously

Smut Thanks this.
  4. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Yea I've talked to other tanker drivers before and chemical freight is just slow. It'll pick back up eventually just got to ride it out.

5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    It's slow in alot of places. Most of the tanker FB pages I'm on are all full of tankers guys complaining about sitting, several with superior.

Smut Thanks this.
  6. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Thanks for the response!

Like I was saying I'm going to be finishing CDL school in the next few weeks so I'm researching and applying to companies now. I already have an app in w/ Superior and I'll likely be putting in one w/ Service Transport as well since it wounds like they are a pretty descent company overall.

If you don't mind my asking, what's the starting /cpm for new CDL drivers at Service Transport? I looked all over their web site but couldn't find anything specific? Also, what is the training like at STC? Is all of the training done at the Houston terminal or do you have to go out of state for part of the training? I don't mind that, was just curious what the training regimen is like?

7. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    So I filled out an application online for STC but unfortunately I got an e-mail from their recruiter today that said:
    "Currently we require at least 1 year 18-wheeler experience."

So that's - that apparently, at least for the time being. This is probably the result of the purported "slow freight" in bulk / tanker shipping these days. So unless Superior comes through looks like I might have to put in a year or so at one of the megas doing dry van or refer before moving in to tankers.

Smut Thanks this.
  8. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Wait until after the 1st of the year before making a decision~for the most part trucking slows down around this time of the year

Smut and MYSTYKRACER Thank this.
  9. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    D746E0D8-22FB-4651-A610-B593B2370FA4.jpeg

My gross for the 2019. Made right under 65k even though I took lots of time off to travel and had a 34 or more hour reset just about every week.

Orange713, Speed_Drums and MYSTYKRACER Thank this.
  10. kredd34

kredd34 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    What are the requirements and how is orientation.

11. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Orientation was like 3 days and just paperwork and PPE stuff. Call and ask about the requirements. I’m 6 beers deep and in Thailand for a few weeks.

kredd34 and scythe08 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.