Set ups with brokers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Blackhorse77, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Blackhorse77

Blackhorse77 Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Hi all,

I am doing set ups for my husband. And there is a bit of jargon I do not understand.

What is SmartWay Transport? I answer NO for all questions like these because these require ID numbers I don’t have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Is smartway the broker? If you can be more specific one of us will be able to help

4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Another doomed to fail operation. Husband gets a truck and asks wife to dispatch, while she has no previous experience and has no idea how freight market works.
    After two months husband starts complaining about low rates, wife gets upset,because she is already tired of ######## and stress trying to find good loads everyday. They start getting in fights and eventually wife says "F... It, I am out".
    Then husband starts dispatching himself and possibly saves the business and married life, or he leases to someone else and keeps complaining, but luckily wife is not the one to blame anymore.

Tell your husband to do everything by himself starting right now

5. Manice955

Manice955 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    how does This help her tho bro? Wildly negative .

Sly Fox and Deere hunter Thank this.
  6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I did not try helping her. If her husband comes here and asks questions, I will gladly try to help though.
    I have never seen husband/wife set ups workout, unless they are a team and drive together.

buddyd157 and Opendeckin Thank this.
  7. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
  8. Manice955

Manice955 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I understand but that’s opinionated assumption just help her out she deserve just as much respect as a man would but I understand where u coming from

Blackhorse77 Thanks this.
  9. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    Nope...
    We actually were arguing before.
    We got the truck together and the trailer. We had actually nothing to start with.
    We work as a team. He has some experience dispatching. Though he knows what not to take, and I don’t. I am learning. I am not taking cheap loads. We rather sit a bit then shoot ourselves in the feet. Many women dispatch. Somebody needs to start somewhere. He doesn’t like paperwork. I do all the set ups. We actually are closer because we are in it together. ;) With the new MC number, I got him good loads. Maybe not as high when he worked for his brother, but still good.

His brother thought we are doomed way from the start. He didn’t even think we will get to where we are. :) I might not be a driver but I am a business oriented woman.
    Just remember that behind a successful man there is a good wife. So far, we are okay.

It’s sad to see how many operations fail. It must be God’s blessing because we are treading forward. No regrets. I was upset when he worked for his brother running around like a hamster. And he wasn’t paid much. That’s what I call suicide. And I got tired of that. You never get anywhere.

We don’t ask his brother’s help for anything because he held the same view as Dune-T. It’s a macho thing. You really don’t need a genius.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  10. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    With a math minor, I know logistics. You don’t need a big brain to get basics.

My husband drove for a couple of years but never for himself if that helps understand better where we are coming from.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Look, I am not wishing you a failure, I just have never seen a set up like yours work. If everything turns out good, I will have no problems to congratulate and wish you well.

TheLoadOut and Blackhorse77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.