Settlement In Long /running Truck Lease Lawsuit Against

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Eddiec, May 9, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What the article specifically failed to mention is the total number of involved class members suing.

Its easier to cancel a debt and report to credit union as such and easy to walk away from tuition. But that's around what 16 mil in lawyer, 48 mil and 13 mil on the first two issues? How many lease drivers are part of this suit and can expect to be paid?

If I knew that number I can average it and then decide if these members are getting a good result.

One other wrinkle One of the first two lawsuiters did not live. His estate will have to be paid after his death.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    They're only getting $1000 each, or about 1.25 truck payments. If you've been eating ramen noodles for the last month, maybe the result is worth the effort....

4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    The lawyers walked away with the bulk

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    This begs the question, Why? Were they doing it hoping to get a big payday? Were they doing it to get off the hook for any debt they owed to the company (it appears they did according to the article)? Were they trying to make a change in the industry and get rid of the "lease purchase" deals?

Here is the cold hard truth of the matter. They didn't get much in return for all the effort put in. So they get any debt the owed to CR England and a "four figure" payment. Hardly worth the effort if you ask me. Now they have to hope that the company actually fixes the dings on their credit reports from the owed unpaid debt. Now they have taken a company to court there may be a chance it will make them a hard hire for other companies in the industry. Lets face it every company does something considered illegal but no one ever does anything about it. The biggest would be not paying you for all of your on duty time and every mile you drive the truck. As far as getting the industry to stop offering the "lease purchase" programs yeah that will never happen unless enough people start taking legal action for the government to actually get seriously involved. I don't know I guess I am the type of person that just likes to keep my life as unstressful as possible so I would have gotten a different job and payed what I owed.

6. 338-Dark-Knights

338-Dark-Knights Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    "Unpaid tuition debt amounts to approximately $13 million, the settlement states."
    Just, wow. :eek:

I looked into school there back when... saw their BS a THOUSAND MILES away, thru a phone call. Promises like I was a child in preschool - rainbows and birds signing to fly me away from the deep south to the land of... well... let's be real here. :mad:

Did my homework - saw writing on the way to find better and closer opportunity for a REAL learning environment, unpressed by their (C.R. E) staff to go through the path of "lease" resistance. :p I heard starvation is a common tactic to persuade a wo/man to sign over on the 'flease' express to forced slavery. Sad, sad, sad.

Is this the next domino in the line of closings? OR does the Mormon Mafia have deep pockets?

Ffx95, bzinger and ibcalm19 Thank this.
  7. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Truth just like said saw them coming around the corner. Some of us willingly like to be knocked over the head & have our pockets drained. Who is to blame "you" when you know you're dealing with a snake don't cry when you get bit. No different than all these other snake oil salesmen schemes.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Truck drivers get trucking jobs ... trucking job sucked. Live and learn.

But !!!!! But it wasn’t a truck driving job it was a lease purchase business opportunity !!!

No it was a trucking job.
    People think they are starting there trucking business when in reality all they are getting is a job where they pay for the job.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  9. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Most likely they did it because, they were done wrong, and decided to stand up for them selves. After all this time, any financial hardship and damage to thier credit has been long gone. When navl was sued, the lawyers got the biggest chunk. But they did all the work, put out all the money, spent the time, did the paperwork, played for everything. Nobody played them, If they didnt win they would not have gotten a dime. Then the guys who originally started the suit got paid far checks. Everyone else who was just said me to and signed on as a class member. Got much smaller settlement checks. The people the lawyers had to go thru tons of paperwork to find. Got little $200 checks.
    But the point is instead of just walking away saying the company screwed me. They did something about it. Going to the hq building and beating or killing people isnt an option. So lawsuit it is.

10. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    They have very deep pockets. They’re international last I checked.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.