Seward Motor Freight A VERY BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DTrucking, Sep 22, 2016.

1. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    I average gross about $1600 a week and $1200 take home BUT these are long days and 28 days out a stretch if I want to keep my wallet padded. If the OP can make ends meet on $700 a week than so be it. But why set the bar so lowwww.......To many of these run-of-the-mill-outfits can take their 40cpm offerings and shove it.

jeff18 and TigerShark Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    .40 cents a mile sounds great.... But after a car payment, house, whatever the wife needs at home, baby food etc, phone, it goes quick

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    One of the biggest problems in this country is sheeple not knowing how (or not caring) to live within their means.
    Buy a cheaper car....buy a cheaper house.... don't eat out all the time (buy groceries and cook at home)....buy cheaper clothes, shoes, etc...
    Yes, we'd all like to have the best of the best; but if you're living check to check and bills are backing up, you need to take a look at things and come up with a budget.

Part of the reason of "researching" that next job, is to see if it's gonna work with your budget....and if you don't know how to budget your money, that research is useless. Trucking is unpredictable, but there IS a seasonal trend (pattern), so a guy/gal could 'ball park' their possible miles & earnings....the key is to NOT over extend themselves with unnecessary bills. i.e.- Don't pay $425.00 a month for a car you're never home to drive. Don't pay $1,200.00 a month for a home you're never at to enjoy. Common cotton pick'n sense people.

jeff18, mjd4277 and KillingTime Thank this.
  5. deputypaul1

deputypaul1 Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2017
    I was with this company 7 months i had 2 incidents they put 5 on my record drove a 379 pete and i had to beg for loads never got last check or paid for last load i had to pay for my ride home.when i went there the rented a car my way home greyhound costing me 240 dollars i was seated in truck brakes were at 50% asked from dec to june please look at brakes truck is hard to stop and makes a popping noise while turning never was fixed city horn didnt work most of the time i was begging for loads did alot of sitting office left at 1615 no one would answer the phones no afternoon or night or weekend staff in office i had a insise tire blow out on trailer received a preventable incident for that for backing into a dock they dont keep there word never had a raise but i had a reset in every week

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Why should any company pay your way home when you quit or get fired. Yes they supply you a way to them as they want to hire you. Now as the tire blowing out backing into a dick, what did you run over. Please fill in the rest of the story

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    .period.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Yes, exactly.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    There are a few people I would consider D***s, but I would never back into one of them. Just sayin'.....

Knucklehead and snowlauncher Thank this.
  10. Bimish

Bimish Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Yea just live in your truck till you die

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.