Shady People and Double Brokering

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Midwest Trucker, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Broadway Brokerage still up to no good, double brokering and not paying the delivering carrier. Please do us all a favor and stop booking with these scumbags. I know not every broker is stand up and i know that neither is every carrier. There are always disagreements but we all should be working together to weed this filth out of the market as best we can. It hurts us all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr.Lampshade

Mr.Lampshade Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2020
    All freight forwarders give their freight to brokers. Most brokers give their freight to other brokers.

AlexD13 Thanks this.
  4. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    I wouldnt say most brokers give their freight to other brokers Mr.Lampshade. If they do, there should be a broker to broker agreement in place. And all that does is add another middle man to cut into the actual carriers profits and lessens my control over who has my customers stuff. I prefer to work directly with O/O or trucking companies directly who supply their own trucks, we all win that way. If i give something to a shell MC# who is actually Broadway masquerading, and they broker it out to someone without an active MC, under insured, untrustworthy, etc and something unfortunate happens, i am left holding the bag at the end of the day.

clausland and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    In the years I've been doing this, I've never accepted a load from another broker, and I have never intentionally given a load to another broker. If it happens that I have given a load to another broker, they've done so by masquerading as an asset based carrier. We take a really dim view on that.

6. Mr.Lampshade

Mr.Lampshade Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Youre right, they all do it often under a legal co brokering agreement. Im talking about that stiff, not the shady & illegal act of double brokering. The co brokering in my opinion, keeps too many companies in business, and like you said, takes from the carriers.

7. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020
    you could ask and verify references...not rely on some paper tiger! carrier 411!!

8. cgilliland

cgilliland Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    is macropoint a tracking solution, do you need ELOG or it works off of phone or what

9. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    MarcoPoint tracks using an app on your smart phone.

10. Avrakotos

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    I actually do ask for references as well. But Carrier411 is no paper tiger. Have you ever used it? I can look up your trucks Vin# and know who owned it before you. I can run a suspicious phone number and draw a map of the connected companies involved in the scam. That being said, there are a lot of reports on there that are laughable.... " carrier booked load and called back 5 mins later to cancel " is not worth of a FG report and any broker worth a #### ignores that bogus stuff. But when i read 3 articulate well documented FG reports about reefer temp abuses and you call on my reefer load, chances are im not working with you.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That's ok, it's just part of the business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.