Shaffer: FORCED NY City!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Reconciler, Sep 4, 2010.

1. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese

Actually brakes on the steering axle were not required until sometime in the 70's,...........

I'm just old enough to have been able to run some older trucks in my time,...And the new breed has no idea how tough a job this once was,...

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Nah, daddy let me drive when I was 6. Take a look at some of the drivers the training companies put on the road. They have no concept of pulling out the dipstick, checking the pressure in their tires, draining a fuel water seperator or spreading the prongs apart on a pigtail to get the lights to work. I have only been driving since 1992 and I have always kept different sizes of air line ferrels and fittings, spare fuel filters and glad hands with extra seals in my toolbox. Would any of the older drivers here run for a drop and hook company and NOT have a spare glad hand and a wrench in their truck or continually try to slide their trailer tandems and not have a can of WD40 and a small sledgehammer?

4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Actually I was about 11 or 12.

And I remember no front brakes, no Jake brakes, water on cast iron drums to cool them, and spring brakes on one axle of the tractor only.

The reason truckers used to get more respect from the public is that they deserved it.

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

The public has forgotten how all the stuff they buy gets to the store they just left...I guess they think there's elves in the backroom like Santa's place...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.