SheepDog's time with USXpress...

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by SheepDog, Sep 2, 2011.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

The InfoLine info also bodes well for those of us in the pipeline. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Hey guy, we started with 3, in the evening class. One guy quit yesterday. The school only started monday. I havent even taking the test yet for the permit. ALOT of info. Makes me nervous. I dont want to fail at this. Everybody I talk to says the test is too easy. I say its ALOT of info. I live in Hendersonville. So I travel to and from the school. So far, the long days are tough. But this is something I have to do to get my CDL.
    After working all day, running home to shower, then driving 45 minutes to school, class starts at 5:00. School out at 9:00, drive 45 minutes home, eat dinner, whooo!! We have NO class on Fridays!! However, Sat and Sun are 4 hours each on the range. 0700-1100.
    Its all good. I'm just nervous. I guess being nervous is a good thing, means I want it??

4. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Sheep Dog, I swear I'm not stealing your thread!!!

5. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina

The test is easy. Just read the book from DMV is all. I took all the exams for the CDL but the Hazmat and passed them on the first try. You really will do fine if you just read the book and think about the questions, I am sure you can even do the Hazmat too. I was worried about passing them at first too, so I held off on Hazmat. Went back 2 weeks later for Hazmat and missed only 2 questions.

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    No problem HD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I got to say that I am very happy with USXpress. Only been a team for a couple weeks now, first week was slow going but the 2nd week went great and this week is going great as well. I got to give props to my wife, she has fit right in with driving 600+ miles per shift. We have proven to our FM that we are a good team, she can depend on. I also am happy to hear that USXPress has decided to make some changes and I believe they will be for the better.

NoCoCraig Thanks this.
  8. T.Bear

T.Bear Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Sheepdog that is such great news. Scary when you don't know if you she would like it. Luckily Craig and I started together and love it more than when we first started! Can't wait to meet up with you guys one of these days!

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Thanks T-Bear,, we would like to meet up with you two as well. We had a load going to Seattle but it was cancelled. Heading to columbus now and a 34. Be safe out there..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

10. Lil Trucker_27

Lil Trucker_27 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Benbrook, TX
    Do USX pay for orientation?

11. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Yes, $58 a day

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.