Shipping lanes, and getting home.

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Dodgerfan82, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    USS Germantown in Sasebo Japan, then USNS Kanawha in Norfolk, and NRD New York

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dodgerfan82

Dodgerfan82 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Can I ask what the pay checks look like for ya after training bigdogg? I have been a tow truck driver for about 7 years now so it's not like I am unemployed coming into trucking I am just trying to get that class A and some experience before I go back to local stuff. I just hope for all that time away from family you are taking home atleast 700 a week pretty quickly.

4. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    I heard a lot of horror stories about how strict east coast Navy is. I was a Damage Controlman. Lol in 4 years I managed to get dragged through 3 West pacs a run to Alaska.. I got my golden shellback. The old way before anti hazing if you know what I mean.. Lol and did some time in dry dock all in 4 years.. But that was mostly because of 9/11

5. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Well if you do the 90dollars for 90 days "90/90" then you get 630 a week after my 90 days you run miles at 30 cents my first miles check was 1150 it should have been 975 ... But they paid me for some stuff from the prior week so as long as you keep them wheels turning you get the big bucks you also gotta prove your self to them before they hand you the big trips and priority loads witch equals good money $$$$$$

6. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Well that's not bad at all man. Especially starting out and in a brand new truck I'd say your doing pretty well... I am actually looking into May because I am interested in moving my family out of California and heading up north.. I had heard that freight isn't very good up there but I figure if the company is actually in Oregon it shouldn't be hard to get back there..

7. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Like i said i love it here and up north its so beautifull the first thing i told my wife when i got home is "we're moving to oregon" haha im from phx az and just the weather alone doesn't compare good luck and dont get me wrong the checks won't look like that all the time take into consideration breaking down ,weather ,and freight around the area you end up in

8. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    east coast was fine for me, i was only on the Kanawha for about 9 months, and we were gone all that time during enduring freedom. and hello! its a USNS, had my own state room, shared the head with the person next door, like 20 military people on board, IT's, ET's, OS's and signalmen. our OIC was a warrant officer and then a chief. never working party's, we ordered food at meals like a restaurant, was awesome lol

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You should have no problem getting back to oregon when you move up there...there main office isin Brooks,Oregon across the street from the pilot t/s..

10. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    my Red Sox would have embarrassed them anyway
    you took all of our malcontents............. ty

11. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    After the beating that Detroit put on your Red Sox today.. You might want to worry about beating them first. Lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.