Shnieder Intermodal Atlanta?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by JLT, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    Yep it’s ok just small only one rail yard. No traffic no daily issues not used to it at all lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moose2517

moose2517 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Piedmont, AL
    I currently work from the Schneider Fairburn yard too. February will make my 4 year tenure, been driving since 2004 so I had experience when coming in. I used to do regional, which was pretty good but I switched to local at the beginning of this year. I work Monday to Friday, weekends off, Saturdays optional. Pay is decent (1200-1400 about 1600-1700 if you work an extra day) a week before taxes. Schneider's main problem is communication and people (management) too proud to ask a question if they don't know the answer. Know your drivers and what he or she is capable of. Also listen to what the drivers tell you. Atlanta is known world wide for its traffic. 1 accident can completely shut down 285 both ways. Traffic sucks but you also have to know your area. Sometimes there are ways around it, might be a little longer but it beats sitting in standstill traffic.
    Tip: Listen to local radio 95.5 WSB it gives traffic reports every 15 minutes or so.
    I will be here for the long haul, if nothing drastic happens.
    Good company, good enough benefits good retirement plan.
    You won't get rich with any company. Your trucking success relies on how much you are willing to put into it. You can't come in at 8a.m and leave at 1p.m. and expect top dollar. You get out what you put in
    Good luck out there drivers.......

Smitty89 Thanks this.
  4. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    Any one got any recommendations for apartments or houses in specific areas i should target when i transfer there in June ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.